• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly that.
Why don't you name some specific games? I think you will find other people have no problems with whatever games you are having problems with.

ETA: Ninja'd. Injected GBA VC titles will indeed not show in Checkpoint.

Some games don't show in Checkpoint even if I reboot my 2DS.
I didn't say to reboot your 2DS; I said to refresh the titles by holding B. Did you do that?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need someone who's familiar with Ultimate Pokemon Randomizer ZX to help me understand where I'm missing something.

So I've been trying to use a dump of Pokemon Yellow VC version in this and it just won't accept it. I've tried (decrypted) CIA, CXI, CCI, it keeps saying it's not a valid ROM. Loading a '.gb' ROM for Pokemon Yellow works fine, but UPR is supposedly able to work with all of the earlier file formats as long as they're decrypted. I know I can just use the GB version and that's technically problem solved, sure, but I want to know if it's possible to use a dump of the VC version as a basis.

What am I not understanding here?

EDIT: I think I've stumbled across the answer that even if it's the VC version you need to dump the ROM and make it a GB file. Seems to have worked, fingers crossed.

Last edited by Maximumbeans,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out my micro sd card was failing, lost a lot of data but got a new card and everything is fine now.
there's an official way to backup saved data. it's in system settings, if that was the main loss. games will have to be reinstalled obviously. make periodic backups if you have the storage space or use cloud saving like google drive maybe?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You should check that with h2testw too to make sure it's not fake. Empty the sd card first, then run the test with the "read & verify" setting.

Is the same card I had on my Switch for years with no problems. I do make backups once every few months. I also started to backup saves with Checkpoint as making a copy of that is much faster.

Still good advice, I have a few sd cards that are crap so they are probably fake.

Edit: I use Linux not Windows.

Edit2: Testing in wine, hopefully it works.

Last edited by raxadian,

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay I really could use some guidance with randomising a Pokemon ROM, I thought I was getting the hang of it but it's not working.

I used Zeta's guide here to dump my Pokemon Yellow VC ROM.
Loaded it into the randomiser and only saved the option to remove impossible (i.e. trade) evolutions, followed the guide and loaded the game up.
It hasn't worked, as I've tested by evolving a Graveler past the point at which it should evolve with the randomiser's help.

Is the problem lying with the fact that I'm using my existing save file and it needs to be a new game? Or does this shit just not work with a legit VC title and I need to inject a GB ROM instead? Pulling my hair out trying to understand here.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's been years since I've used my 3DS. Few questions.
Just downloaded CTGP 7 mod, installed fine. It says my Mario Kart 7 version is outdated. I can't update it because my system software is out of date also. Is it safe to update, I'm currently on sys 11.9.0-42E
Luma3ds is on 2.4. says 2.6 is available but it keeps failing to download.
I guess the question is am I safe to update the system software so I can access the Mario Kart 7 update and play the CTGP mod. Thanks.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
an't update it because my system software is out of date

While direct links to copyrighted content are not allowed the update can be found in certain online web archive. Just search for mario kart 7 [region] update cia there.

For example "Mario 7 kart usa 1.2 update cia"

Reactions: Doran754

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got another doubt.

If I had Luma set up to have higher clock speeds turned on by default, how would that affect online interactivity?

Would that be a cause of banning?

And having the option Enable game patching, even if I don't have anything for the games that I would play online?

Or it is simply having cheats turned on with Rosalina the cause of banning?

chocofenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dream Team Bros (PAL) save file request or cheat for infinite health

Hey all

Getting frustrated with Zeekeeper X, I just cant seem to beat it, does anybody have a save after this, or a working sharkive code for infinite health? my laptop isnt powerful enough for citra to be able to cheatengine it :( but this battle is ridiculous

i found a save just before bowser online but its encrypted so no use, all the others are postgame so kind of defeating the object

im playing on a 2ds so im wondering if it's calibration of the game for gyros in a different location... but thats just an excuse lets be honest!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dream Team Bros (PAL) save file request or cheat for infinite health

Hey all

Getting frustrated with Zeekeeper X, I just cant seem to beat it, does anybody have a save after this, or a working sharkive code for infinite health? my laptop isnt powerful enough for citra to be able to cheatengine it :( but this battle is ridiculous

i found a save just before bowser online but its encrypted so no use, all the others are postgame so kind of defeating the object

im playing on a 2ds so im wondering if it's calibration of the game for gyros in a different location... but thats just an excuse lets be honest!

Just level up and get better items.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/704054-mario-and-luigi-dream-team/cheats

At level 40 you can get better items at the Ultimate Shop in Driftwood Shore. If you are not there yet, just backtrack from your last save file, level up a few times and stockpile useful items.

Or you can use Checkpoint for 3DS to use cheats.

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/cpcheats.html

chocofenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just level up and get better items.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/704054-mario-and-luigi-dream-team/cheats

At level 40 you can get better items at the Ultimate Shop in Driftwood Shore. If you are not there yet, just backtrack from your last save file, level up a few times and stockpile useful items.

Or you can use Checkpoint for 3DS to use cheats.

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/cpcheats.html
I believe leveling doesnt have an impact on giant battles, although if im wrong leveling i can do

Tanis0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

I recently bought a cheap used 2ds (the old one) to play with my brother. The console is not modded.

The console works fine, except for two things.
The camera, if I use the camera app I need to turn off the console because of an error (black screen telling me to turn off the console).
And the cartridge slot, that I think have a broken pin (it can play games)

I have two questions.

1- If I try to mod the console, could the camera be a problem? (I mean if it would affect any exploit or any program like fbi)

2- Could the cartridge slot damage a cartridge?
As I said I can play games without a problem, but when I eject them they make a weird scratchy sound (? that my other 3ds never did, also they get a little stuck).
The console came with a flashcard and that card have some scratches on the back, I think the last owner (a kid probably) didn't handle the flashcard and the console well.

Thanks in avance.

Photos of the cartridge slot and the flashcard:
IMG_20230504_165559.jpgIMG_20230504_165623.jpgIMG_20230504_165729.jpg

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi

I recently bought a cheap used 2ds (the old one) to play with my brother. The console is not modded.

The console works fine, except for two things.
The camera, if I use the camera app I need to turn off the console because of an error (black screen telling me to turn off the console).
And the cartridge slot, that I think have a broken pin (it can play games)

I have two questions.

1- If I try to mod the console, could the camera be a problem? (I mean if it would affect any exploit or any program like fbi)

2- Could the cartridge slot damage a cartridge?
As I said I can play games without a problem, but when I eject them they make a weird scratchy sound (? that my other 3ds never did, also they get a little stuck).
The console came with a flashcard and that card have some scratches on the back, I think the last owner (a kid probably) didn't handle the flashcard and the console well.

Thanks in avance.

Photos of the cartridge slot and the flashcard:
View attachment 369023View attachment 369024View attachment 369025

The main reason to have a 2DS is that using a flashcard is very easy to hack it without having to mess with the hardware.

However using that flashcard method with a damaged game card reader is dangerous. The camera is not used for any modem exploits and mostly having it damaged means any game that uses the camera might crash if you try to us the camera in a game.

Mostly don't use the flashcard method to hack this 2DS, as a real risk exists you may brick the 2DS if the game card reader is not working right.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mostly don't use the flashcard method to hack this 2DS, as a real risk exists you may brick the 2DS if the game card reader is not working right.
Have you heard of this happening before..? I thought all the flashcart ultimately did was start up godmode9 (or the boot9strap installer or whatever) off the SD card and was irrelevant otherwise.

Tanis0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The main reason to have a 2DS is that using a flashcard is very easy to hack it without having to mess with the hardware.

However using that flashcard method with a damaged game card reader is dangerous. The camera is not used for any modem exploits and mostly having it damaged means any game that uses the camera might crash if you try to us the camera in a game.

Ok, so the camera is not need for modding. Thanks.

I didn't knew you could mod the console with a flashcard, I won't use that method, thanks for the info.

By the way I wasn't thinking about using the flashcard (as I said it came with the console when I bought it used), i'm more worried that the card slot might damage one of my games like the flashcard pins (I don't care about the flashcard).
The console can play games without any problem, but when I eject them I heard a weird noise that my other 3ds never did and I'm worried that the pins on the slot are damaged and they could damage my games.
Also I think one of the pins on the slot is broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1