• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask for very precise step-by-step instructions on how to set up emunand. I found a few tutorials, but they seem outdated and I don't want to screw something up. I own Gateway 3DS and 4.2 3DS XL , I have my NAND backed up, but no Emunand setup or anything like that. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying a 32 gb micro SD card for the gateway. My 3ds has a 2gb sd card. Is there any reason to have a bigger sd card for that?

Thanks

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask for very precise step-by-step instructions on how to set up emunand. I found a few tutorials, but they seem outdated and I don't want to screw something up. I own Gateway 3DS and 4.2 3DS XL , I have my NAND backed up, but no Emunand setup or anything like that. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
emuNAND setup is not difficult and really lacks any means of being dangerous.

The most dangerous aspect of emuNAND is accidentally updating NAND. So long as you follow this golden rule, that won't happen.
The only way you should update emuNAND is by going to settings and seeing your firmware with GW3D in front of it. Then, without exiting settings, go into the update firmware in the settings menu and update through that.

If you follow that golden rule, you're fine.

If you have already backed up NAND, I assume you already have the gateway exploit installed and have been in the Gateway menu? I can write a quick how-to if that's your starting point.

Reactions: WoJjTeK

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying a 32 gb micro SD card for the gateway. My 3ds has a 2gb sd card. Is there any reason to have a bigger sd card for that?

Thanks

Not unless you intend to have a very large amount of games at once. Games range from 1-4 GB, generally speaking. Under a worst case scenario, that allows you ~8 games. On average, you could say closer to 16.

I went safe and got a 64 GB. I've not had any consideration to storage and have yet to hit the limit. Consciously, I could likely manage a 32 though.

Jasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not unless you intend to have a very large amount of games at once. Games range from 1-4 GB, generally speaking. Under a worst case scenario, that allows you ~8 games. On average, you could say closer to 16.

I went safe and got a 64 GB. I've not had any consideration to storage and have yet to hit the limit. Consciously, I could likely manage a 32 though.

Sorry, i mean the 2 GB SD card in the 3DS?

AlexaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

How about micro sd for GW blue cart?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/285759-How-to-setup-your-gateway-with-a-3DS-4-x
skip the parts you already did

Reactions: WoJjTeK

obiwanjermobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm currently on 9.2 waiting for the gateway update. i still plan on purchasing a few 3ds games that haven't released yet. will i be able to play future releases without having to update my system firmware? do any physical 3ds games have built in updates?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i'm currently on 9.2 waiting for the gateway update. i still plan on purchasing a few 3ds games that haven't released yet. will i be able to play future releases without having to update my system firmware? do any physical 3ds games have built in updates?

all game cartridges have updates in it. doesn't mean that it's always the latest firmware tho.
You'll be able to play future releases. We have no way to know yet how exactly the new support from GW will work but they wouldn't release it if you couldn't use it afterwards.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to properly exit from Lameboy on the DSTWO? i want it to go back to the DSTWO menu and not the 3ds Menu. Thanks. I have not been able to find a solution.

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is emunand required for CIAs? My 3ds is 9.2 so I don't think emunand will be available for Gateway, atleast not immediately.
Also, if I have a miniSD card, would putting it in it's adapter work as an SD card? Would there be a performance drop or anything?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is emunand required for CIAs? My 3ds is 9.2 so I don't think emunand will be available for Gateway, atleast not immediately.
Also, if I have a miniSD card, would putting it in it's adapter work as an SD card? Would there be a performance drop or anything?

Emunand isn't a requirement for using cias. In the video GW released, you can see them using it fine.
And there's no problem in using a miniSD card with an adapter to work as a SD card.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes it is. You can't run the dev tools without Gateway.

I use a MicroSDXC to SD converter. I see no decrease in performance.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i mean the 2 GB SD card in the 3DS?

The default card is a lower class than what you can buy, I believe. Will mean longer load times. I suggest buying a better quality card.

Size wise, unless you intend to buy from the eShop or install a lot of CIAs (as opposed to putting games on the Gateway), you will need a bigger card.

Otherwise, you should be fine. emuNAND partitions off around 1 GB of data from your internal SD card, so you'll have roughly 1 GB of free space.

Reactions: Jasin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-