• Likes 43

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a question.

Today i'm moved emunand to bigger sd card. Everything works.
Installed smash bros ntsc (region free) cia to PAL emunand 9.4 system.

My question is

How do I transfer my ssb save file to system D: ? (3dz rom save still in sd card but i lost 3DZ file)

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a question.

Today i'm moved emunand to bigger sd card. Everything works.
Installed smash bros ntsc (region free) cia to PAL emunand 9.4 system.

My question is

How do I transfer my ssb save file to system D: ? (3dz rom save still in sd card but i lost 3DZ file)

if you had a save from a .3dz (rom) and now you're playing the game as .cia file, then you can't use the same save

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
the only exception to what I said are card 2 games like Pokemon in which the save is stored inside the game itself. for those you can use the same program that you use for the cia's saves, savedatafiler

But i lost my 3dz file
That means i can't play old save with gateway? (re download pal rom to inject my header file?)
sorry bad english.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But i lost my 3dz file
That means i can't play old save with gateway? (re download pal rom to inject my header file?)
sorry bad english.

well... if you know what was the header you used, you can download a rom again and patch it with the same header as before. that will make possible to use the same save when you play with the .3dz file.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question.

once the diskwriter formats the card is there any way to turn it back to normal?

im just wondering. I had an 8gb one i wanted to test out and I want to change it back. If not no big deal. It was a slow speed card anyway.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
From the video gateway has posted it's obvious this new exploit isn't based on DS mode. So does that mean that gateway could support playing ds roms from the micro sd of the red card?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
From the video gateway has posted it's obvious this new exploit isn't based on DS mode. So does that mean that gateway could support playing ds roms from the micro sd of the red card?

I doubt it, honestly. Even if they could, they likely wouldn't.

That I understand, DS mode is more or less sanitized (with exception to the whole "profile exploit" that gateway found).

The gateway card isn't recognized without gateway's code in emuNAND mode. I'm guessing there'd be complications in trying to transfer that to DS mode.

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi people. I hope you can help me with playing local multiplayer with 2 3dses both on gateway. I had mine for over a year on gateway and I never turned on the WiFi. When I get one for my son I was hoping we can play against each other but I'm not sure what will happen if I turn on the WiFi. Is there a way I can ensure we can play locally without ever connecting to the internet? Thanks for your help.

Trubo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a better place to ask than in the other thread I posted in.

I just received my Japanese N3DS and am wanting to check the firmware currently installed. However, I'm not familiar with the language and am worried that I may update the firmware by accident. I have not booted the system up yet, but from what I remember about my old US 3DS there were steps to enable the 3D check, date and user profile. Is there anything else after those steps before I can check the system settings for the factory installed firmware?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is probably a better place to ask than in the other thread I posted in.

I just received my Japanese N3DS and am wanting to check the firmware currently installed. However, I'm not familiar with the language and am worried that I may update the firmware by accident. I have not booted the system up yet, but from what I remember about my old US 3DS there were steps to enable the 3D check, date and user profile. Is there anything else after those steps before I can check the system settings for the factory installed firmware?

disconnect your wireless router and go somewhere you can't get any wifi signals :P

usually anything to do with internet on a nintendo system features a globe icon.

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing SD card. Just copy everything off it, and stick it on the new one.
Launcher .dat, just download the latest and replace it.

Emunand can be dealt with one of two ways.

Just use the format emunand option again, let it create fresh, make sure you see gw3d, then just update as normal.

or

Extract emunand from old card using this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
Format emunand with new card to create the partition, then use the above tool to inject your emunand back in, then update to latest version.

I think if you've downloaded anything from eshop, extracting emunand will keep it. Formating and starting fresh will require you to redownload.

As always, make sure it shows GW3D in system settings before using the update option.

My SD card just came in so I copied the old SD (2GB) to my computer and then transferred everything from there to my new SD (8GB) and plugged it into the 3DS. I haven't changed the launcher or anything yet, but when I try to pull up Gateway via the profile settings button, it goes to the Gateway screen and then black screens for a second and brings me back to the normal 3DS screen.

Did I miss something in the step? This is simply to use a new SD card that is bigger than the old one. Once I get this working properly, I'll update the launcher and then my EmuNand. I figured I shouldn't change my launcher until I have this new SD card working properly.

Will check back shortly for a reply :)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My SD card just came in so I copied the old SD (2GB) to my computer and then transferred everything from there to my new SD (8GB) and plugged it into the 3DS. I haven't changed the launcher or anything yet, but when I try to pull up Gateway via the profile settings button, it goes to the Gateway screen and then black screens for a second and brings me back to the normal 3DS screen.

Did I miss something in the step? This is simply to use a new SD card that is bigger than the old one. Once I get this working properly, I'll update the launcher and then my EmuNand. I figured I shouldn't change my launcher until I have this new SD card working properly.

Will check back shortly for a reply :)

You have to hold L when booting to get the Gateway menu to come up.

Also just noticed, my stuff was a little out of order in that post. Once you use the format emunand option, it formats the card. So regardless which method you (extracting and transfering emunand or format), the stuff from the old card will need to be put back on it again.

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold L when booting to get the Gateway menu to come up.

Also just noticed, my stuff was a little out of order in that post. Once you use the format emunand option, it formats the card. So regardless which method you (extracting and transfering emunand or format), the stuff from the old card will need to be put back on it again.

It seems to go into the Gateway menu regardless of whether I hold L. However, that isn't the issue. It is when I click 'Boot Gateway' that it returns me back to the 3DS screen and it is on 4.5 instead of Gateway 4.5.

I apologize for my ignorance on the topic. I understand it can be a pain to help someone that might be missing something very obvious. Was I suppose to do anything other than swap out the SD card? From my understanding, I didn't have to go back and do any of the stuff I originally had to do when I set the thing up.

I'll keep the files from the SD on my computer for when I format the emunand.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems to go into the Gateway menu regardless of whether I hold L. However, that isn't the issue. It is when I click 'Boot Gateway' that it returns me back to the 3DS screen and it is on 4.5 instead of Gateway 4.5.

I apologize for my ignorance on the topic. I understand it can be a pain to help someone that might be missing something very obvious. Was I suppose to do anything other than swap out the SD card? From my understanding, I didn't have to go back and do any of the stuff I originally had to do when I set the thing up.

I'll keep the files from the SD on my computer for when I format the emunand.

You need to use the format emunand option. GW is only put in front on the menu number, when you are on emunand.

Booting into just 4.5 is because emunand has not been set up.

Reactions: Boosted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Cyberpunk computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0DcGBnC9o