• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon trying to restore my missing Pokemon sun save, the game tells me that the "save data is not compatible with this version." I have a backup from several months ago that I tried to restore, but I had multiple save files I was using for different ROM hacks. Having not tried to restore it before, I don't know how to fix my save file.

I have read that there is some sort of protection against save restore using 'secure values,' and that I need a current save backup to get the secure value (as far as I understood it anyways) so would creating a new file, backup up the save, and then fixing the secure value restore my save? All I really want is my Pokémon from the save, not the actual save, but I can't figure out how to open the file to extract the 'mons without first restoring the save. I tried using PKSV to access the data, but all of the boxes show up empty.

How can I extract my Pokémon from an old savegame [or] How can I restore an 'incompatible' save?
PKHeX can read the file "main" in your save data, you can extract your Pokemon out of the save file with it

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest thing I can think of is having multiple emuNANDs and choosing which one to boot into
obviously this will take up a lot of space on your SD card
sorry for interjecting here but can emuNANDS do the following

1. bypass 3ds software limit
2. have one emuNAND with VC games and the other with normal 3ds games
3. have one emuNAND with luma cfw and the other with another cfw

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The closest thing I can think of is having multiple emuNANDs and choosing which one to boot into
obviously this will take up a lot of space on your SD card

Thanks for the reply. Sounds a bit complicated for me.

If I have two 2ds consoles, both running CFW, am I able to swap memory cards and load the profile of the 1st console on the second?

Putting profiles aside, another thing that's on my mind is that I currently have a hacked 2ds for my kid which has a 32gb memory card in it. I am now buying a 2ds for myself and would like to have that 32gb card in mine and put in a lower capacity card that I have in my kids one.

After hacking my 2ds can I simply drag and drop everything from the 32gb card onto the new card and put it in my kids 2ds?

Last edited by Youser,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply. Sounds a bit complicated for me.

If I have two 2ds consoles, both running CFW, am I able to swap memory cards and load the profile of the 1st console on the second?
the profiles/data on the SD are console specific, and are unable to be shared between then

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
sorry for interjecting here but can emuNANDS do the following

1. bypass 3ds software limit
2. have one emuNAND with VC games and the other with normal 3ds games
3. have one emuNAND with luma cfw and the other with another cfw
1. No, but you can have 300 titles installed in each emuNAND
2. Yes you can install anything you want
3. If that other CFW is compatible with being a Luma payload you could boot into it with that, and it would need to be compatible with multiple emuNANDs. You would have to work out the details. There is no reason to do this, there's not a CFW in existence that has a feature Luma doesn't have, so no reason to use any other.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After hacking my 2ds can I simply drag and drop everything from the 32gb card onto the new card and put it in my kids 2ds?
Yes, as long as you're not using an emuNAND.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the profiles/data on the SD are console specific, and are unable to be shared between then

Thanks. So the answer for the second part of my question is yes? I was typing it as you answered

3. If that other CFW is compatible with being a Luma payload you could boot into it with that, and it would need to be compatible with multiple emuNANDs. You would have to work out the details. There is no reason to do this, there's not a CFW in existence that has a feature Luma doesn't have, so no reason to use any other.

What is that? I hacked the 2ds using a Flashcard.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luma post-7.0.5 has all the GOOD features
Good goon. Aurora "professional victim" Wright thanks you for your service.
20$ hand.jpg

>What is REIsix
>What is Corbenik
>What is the latest release of Cakes.

Last edited by Megadriver94,

Editagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The guide should have had you update to 11.6 in its finalizing-setup page. Either you did that or you intentionally skipped it.
Updating is SAFE! There are no disadvantages on being on the latest firmware version.
I don't see any reason for you to want to go back to 9.4. Do you have any reasons for doing this?

Thanks for your reply! I understand updating is safe, the guide and forums are very clear about that. And I did intentionally skip that step, because I didn't know for certain if I could go back to 9.4. My main reason for having the possibility to go back, is that I would like to go back to as-stock-as-possible if something goes wrong or if I decide to sell it on.

I would like to update so these two games will work, but I don't know for sure if 11.6 will help. Some newer games (Metroid for example) work fine. So when I try, I want to be sure my Sysnand backup ('Essential backup') will revert the firmware to stock. Do you know?

TY!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply! I understand updating is safe, the guide and forums are very clear about that. And I did intentionally skip that step, because I didn't know for certain if I could go back to 9.4. My main reason for having the possibility to go back, is that I would like to go back to as-stock-as-possible if something goes wrong or if I decide to sell it on.

I would like to update so these two games will work, but I don't know for sure if 11.6 will help. Some newer games (Metroid for example) work fine. So when I try, I want to be sure my Sysnand backup ('Essential backup') will revert the firmware to stock. Do you know?

TY!
The backup itself likely will not. You would need to run the https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw to fully remove of CFW.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

TY!
You could go back to 9.2 with a CTR transfer. If your buyer doesn't want it modded then there's no reason to go back to an earlier firmware anyway. You could just remove CFW and be done.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

TY!
you don't need to go back to 9.4 to revert the 3DS back to its unhacked state
you can run the uninstallation script on 11.6

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to hack my new 2ds using a Flashcard.

Currently my flash card has the ntrboot but I need the memory card in the flash card to be my consoles card and replace the flash card memory card with a new micro sd.

Can I just transfer all the contents from the current micro sd in the Flashcard to the new micro sd card?

Or should I restore the flash card again and then insert the new micro sd and complete the ntrboot part of the 3ds.hack guide?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm about to hack my new 2ds using a Flashcard.

Currently my flash card has the ntrboot but I need the memory card in the flash card to be my consoles card and replace the flash card memory card with a new micro sd.

Can I just transfer all the contents from the current micro sd in the Flashcard to the new micro sd card?

Or should I restore the flash card again and then insert the new micro sd and complete the ntrboot part of the 3ds.hack guide?
It is the flashcart itself which is flashed, not the SD card. You can just take the SD card out, format it to delete the data, and use it for the 3DS.

Reactions: Youser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: I was just trying to get the US/EU NTR plugin for Hyrule warriors, but the link is busted. does...