• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

maxgero

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Noob question here...
Why is everyone so excited about getting cubic ninja for smealum exploit? What do you get by getting it? If i'm not wrong, according to all i've read, you can't use it to play 3ds roms, right? What is it for then? I'm really confused.

LifeOfALegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just recently bought a gateway, I set it up with Omega 2.6, everything seems to work fine except every game I have tried crashes soon after starting? Any ideas?

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Noob question here...
Why is everyone so excited about getting cubic ninja for smealum exploit? What do you get by getting it? If i'm not wrong, according to all i've read, you can't use it to play 3ds roms, right? What is it for then? I'm really confused.

There's more to the 3DS than just roms, you know. With Smealum's exploit we get a decent amount of homebrew, including emulators for games that may not be currently available on the Virtual Console.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
how can i get pokemon from my retail card onto my pokemon bank on my emunand on my gateway console, i want to put my x and y pokemons onto omega ruby that i ripped from my jp cart.

is it possible to rip my retail cart and extract the save from the roim and inject it into my gateway rom with the same header?

then upload the x and y pokemon to band then download them to my omega ruby rom?

Tybus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can i get DevMenu Working on GW 2.6?... Should it appear as one of my games, or should I install using Geovannify's stolen method?

DragonStefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Gbatemp peeps,

I recently updated to Gateway2.3beta and after that... to Gateway2.4beta. But I already forgot the steps I had to take for updating. I want to update to version 2.6 now.

After reading so many things again, I am not totally sure about the steps i have to take. So this is what I did now:

O.K What i did is the following:
1. I got a 4gb SD card with all the files on it for Gateway2.4beta.
2. Turned my 3DS on and I Opened Gateway Menu via 'System Settings' - 'Other Settings ' - 'Profile', Hold [L button] and press Nintendo DS Profile.
3. Backup System Nand and placed that file on my computer again.

What is the next step? Placing the new launcher.dat from Gateway 2.6 on my SD? And after that? Do I have to format Emunand again? (I already have emunand currently installed when I also installed Gateway2.4) or can i just go instantly to the update process in Gateway mode?

I just want to be sure what to do :D Since i forgot what i did when updating 2.3->2.4. I also missed 2.5, but I think its just save to do 2.6 after 2.4?

Yf, Dragon

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 9.2 3DS but made a 4.5 backup with a borrowed R4i card a long time ago. Now I'm planning to downgrade with my NAND backup and buy Gateway. But how do I save (and continue) my gameprogress in eshop/3dsbundle games? Most important Animal Crossing.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i get DevMenu Working on GW 2.6?... Should it appear as one of my games, or should I install using Geovannify's stolen method?

I would just install bigbluebox as a .3ds and then run it in Emunand to install any other .cia's like devmenu or whatever else. That's what I did anyways : ) I got the cleaned devmenu and installed it that way, although since bigbluebox works for what I need I haven't tried devmenu yet.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Gbatemp peeps,

I recently updated to Gateway2.3beta and after that... to Gateway2.4beta. But I already forgot the steps I had to take for updating. I want to update to version 2.6 now.

After reading so many things again, I am not totally sure about the steps i have to take. So this is what I did now:

O.K What i did is the following:
1. I got a 4gb SD card with all the files on it for Gateway2.4beta.
2. Turned my 3DS on and I Opened Gateway Menu via 'System Settings' - 'Other Settings ' - 'Profile', Hold [L button] and press Nintendo DS Profile.
3. Backup System Nand and placed that file on my computer again.

What is the next step? Placing the new launcher.dat from Gateway 2.6 on my SD? And after that? Do I have to format Emunand again? (I already have emunand currently installed when I also installed Gateway2.4) or can i just go instantly to the update process in Gateway mode?

I just want to be sure what to do :D Since i forgot what i did when updating 2.3->2.4. I also missed 2.5, but I think its just save to do 2.6 after 2.4?

Yf, Dragon

You really should look into using "emuNANDTool_1.0.1" or whatever the latest version is, in between each update, an adept member here made the tool to back up your emunand in between versions so if you would ever need to downgrade your emunand you can.

As far as backing up your sysnand again, if you did it the first time you probably don't need another copy [as your sysnand hasn't changed at all presumably, or else that would be bad D: ].

Anyways, what you want to do is change your launcher.dat file on your sd card [and no do not run emunand install again, you don't need to unless you don't have emunand installed at all]. Go into gateway emunand and make sure you are in the gateway menu and update your emunand through your internet. The new launcher should be able to let you update to the newest.

[If it doesn't, here's what I did, I was updating from 2.3 to 2.5 and I put the 2.5 launcher on and updated--it downloaded the newest update, but I would get a black screen on the end of the install, so I downgraded the launcher to 2.4 and tried installing the downloaded update via that --in emunand of course--, it finished the update and I re-changed the launcher back to 2.5. And everything worked fine. I guess mebbe it needed the older launcher to patch something first--not sure].

hope that helps.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Decrypting 3DS roms:

Why do we need to use a 3DS when decrypting backups? can't a program be made for doing that without it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk