• Views 4,438,070
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably an awful question, but how do I remove games installed via DevMenu?

(Assuming you compiled your own CIA's)
Search for your game's product code (From the rsf file).
Use Devmenu, search for your game (it's under the above product code).
Delete using X when selected.

Had to do this many times for failed smash installation

blancomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my SD card recently died on me, and with it my most recent saves of digital Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing.

I have backups of the .sav files on my computer but of course they don't work due to the 3DS only using the most recent save files. I've had the SD card at a recovery place for a month now and they haven't had any success.

I was wondering if there was any way, perhaps using Gateway or some other device, to allow me to use my backup data on my 3DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my SD card recently died on me, and with it my most recent saves of digital Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing.

I have backups of the .sav files on my computer but of course they don't work due to the 3DS only using the most recent save files. I've had the SD card at a recovery place for a month now and they haven't had any success.

I was wondering if there was any way, perhaps using Gateway or some other device, to allow me to use my backup data on my 3DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance
You can probably extract the data with SaveDataFiler and inject into a new save. Or maybe just wipe the secure data so the games load them as they are.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Ok, so I'd need a Gateway to do either of these things?

Maybe I don't understand what went wrong, but if your SD card died, your digital copies of Y and Animal Crossing simply wouldn't work at all (wouldn't be accessible on the home menu). If you had the SD backed up anywhere, you can simply drag and drop to a new one and insert it. It should work regardless of the time it was created, but you'll just be started at an earlier date with an older save (given the time it was backed up).

blancomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I don't understand what went wrong, but if your SD card died, your digital copies of Y and Animal Crossing simply wouldn't work at all (wouldn't be accessible on the home menu). If you had the SD backed up anywhere, you can simply drag and drop to a new one and insert it. It should work regardless of the time it was created, but you'll just be started at an earlier date with an older save (given the time it was backed up).

Well, I did drag and drop my backed up SD card to a new one and inserted it. Problem is both Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing write something to the 3DS itself (at least that is my understanding) so that when you launch either game, only the most recent save would work.

Well, yeah.
You could also use the CFW.

but for either option your 3DS must be on fw 4.5, which must not be the case since you're playing Pokemon Y.

Ah alright. I'm holding out for the new firmware release for Gateway or I just might get a Sky3DS. Could you point me to any reliable links to get the tools I'd need?

Thanks for all your help!

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Well, I did drag and drop my backed up SD card to a new one and inserted it. Problem is both Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing write something to the 3DS itself (at least that is my understanding) so that when you launch either game, only the most recent save would work.

This is interesting. If it's an actual measure implemented by Nintendo, you might just be out of luck (for the time being) as far as recovering these saves go.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is interesting. If it's an actual measure implemented by Nintendo, you might just be out of luck (for the time being) as far as recovering these saves go.
Yeah, some games use this 'rollback prevention' feature on the save files. You won't be able to load old save files if you've played that game after making the backup.

Ah alright. I'm holding out for the new firmware release for Gateway or I just might get a Sky3DS. Could you point me to any reliable links to get the tools I'd need?

Thanks for all your help!
SaveDataFiler is part of nintendo's CTR SDK, so you won't find it here on gbatemp.
Only Gateway could help you now but only if their new update would allow you to run unsigned code on 9.2 systems... and nothing was revealed until now.

I would wait until they tell us more.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
About this Ninjhax exploit. I know it is a usermode exploit and cannot be used for much besides homebrew. I have just installed it and I am really looking forward to the progress of homebrew these coming weeks. However I am wondering about the thing Smealum said about making the 3DS region-free: Don't you need a kernel exploit for this?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About this Ninjhax exploit. I know it is a usermode exploit and cannot be used for much besides homebrew. I have just installed it and I am really looking forward to the progress of homebrew these coming weeks. However I am wondering about the thing Smealum said about making the 3DS region-free: Don't you need a kernel exploit for this?
This has been a question ever since Smealum announced the possibility of region free. I believe no one really knows how Smealum (or anyone) would pull this off exactly.

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A quick question about the Ninjhax hbc, now I dont know about the capabilities of the launcher but would it be possible to make a save game editor or cheating app along the lines of Gecko from the Wii days or Powersaves now?

I know the exploit is only arm11 but I dont really know what that entails. Thanks!

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to deleted my Smash demo that I downloaded in Gateway's emuNAND. I've read I shouldn't use emuNAND's Data Management. How should I do it then?

Other way around. Make sure you always see GW3D x.xx... before doing anything in system settings (except launching the exploit, that is). Keep in mind, this will throw you back to sysnand. On a side not, I prefer to use the Dev/BigBlueMenu, because it doesn't kick you back to sysnand.

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a question about the upcoming gateway update:
i have a 9.2.0-20e fw on my 3ds xl.
is it safe to buy a gateway now or am i not able to update it without a 3ds with 4.5 or lower?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i have a question about the upcoming gateway update:
i have a 9.2.0-20e fw on my 3ds xl.
is it safe to buy a gateway now or am i not able to update it without a 3ds with 4.5 or lower?

just stay on 9.2.0-20e for the time being even if they is an update.

when gateway release they info... you can buy it than. just in case where some thing happens and never release they 9.2.0-20e launcher/hack or what ever. so your money doesnt go to waste,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i have the feeling that the prices will skyrocket if the gateway supports new firmwares...
Maybe, maybe not. I bought one recently but if GW can't deliver on 9.2 I will buy a 4.5 in a few months. My assumption is the prices will go down but I could be wrong. There is risk whatever way you go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots