3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. IDris

IDris Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Italy
    I have a o3ds with emunand running luma. From where should I follow plailect guide to update to b9s?

2. Pyra

Pyra do we have an official quilava mascot yet?

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
  3. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i can't find the NTR streaming topic can someone point me to it. i'm trying to get sound out of my new 3ds xl and i can't.

4. SkyDX

SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Nov 2, 2007
    Germany
    Do Acekard 2i's still work as normal flashcards with AKAIO if you flash NTRBoot on them?

5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Not while it's set up to be an NTRboot card, no.

"Note that the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it. There are optional steps at the end of the ntrboot flashing instructions to remove it from your flashcart when you are done." --3ds.guide

6. SkyDX

Nov 2, 2007
    Germany
    Thanks I must have missed this and there was confusing info going on in the release thread. I guess I will have to find a way for my clone Acekard to work with AKAIO so I can make my genuine Acekard into a NTRBoot card :P

EDIT: As what does the Acekard show up in the 3DS menu with NTRBoot loaded on it?

Last edited by SkyDX, Aug 12, 2017
    daxtsu likes this.
  7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I have no idea, I haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on unbricking a Japanese console I have, but the battery is still charging, so it'll be a while. :P

8. SkyDX

Nov 2, 2007
    Germany
    Hmm okay good luck with that! :) I have no need for a NTRBoot card yet but it will ease my mind knowing I have one lying around should something happen to my 3DS :P

daxtsu likes this.
  9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Last edited by KunoichiZ, Aug 12, 2017
    Quantumcat and DJPlace like this.
  10. NitroCipher

NitroCipher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    How can I set up an emuNAND to easily switch between 11.3 and 11.5?

11. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Thanks! And good luck with your project too.

SkyDX likes this.
  12. SkyDX

Nov 2, 2007
    Germany
    Thanks! :) Apparently it's pretty easy to convert Acekard clones into legit ones but you need a original dump of an Acekard and it seems the only one that was ever dumped was a HW ID 81 one, my clone has HW ID 44.

daxtsu likes this.
  13. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Glad that I found this noob section ’cause I’m a real noob with 3DS…

So, we got 2 New 3DS LL (or XL) from Japan, one with FW ver.11.3.0-36J and the other with FW ver.11.4.0-37J. Of course, we would like to get CFW on them. Not only because of the region lock stuff, but also because of the benefit of running backups on them.
    Now, I spent a whole day reading through tutorials, forums and blog posts, but the more I read the more confused I got… It seems that there are a lot of CFW’s and SoftMod/HardMods methods, etc. So, I thought I should better ask you guys: What are my most simple, easiest, cheapest options with these two devices?

Also, is there a way to run old (classic) DS games on the 3DS without the actual cartridges?

Thanks in advance!

14. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    https://3ds.guide
    For old ds games you need a flashcard

sorgur likes this.
  15. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Thanks for the quick reply!

You mean, something like the R4DS card for the classic DS? I still have one somewhere... But I suppose I will need to have CFW as well?

16. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Yes something like r4. You need cfw for 3ds games and to make old ds flashcards work. New ds flashcards work without cfw.

sorgur likes this.
  17. lemog

lemog Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Brazil
    My 3DS has 11.4, is it safe to update to 11.5?

Also, I'm using Luma 8.1 and trying to use Luma Updater to update to 8.1.1, but it can't update, says "Could not find arm9loaderhax.bin", but I'm using B9S.

18. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Update your Luma Updater version. You can do this through FBI's TitleDB feature. Look for Luma Updater made by KunoichiZ/Hamcha. And yes you can update.

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    TitleDB shows the non-existent version of Luma Updater. They need to find my thread or the Github releases page for LU to get the app. However, if they followed 3ds.guide, they should already have my fork of the app.

20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh really? If there's an error/something outdated in TitleDB who do we notify? Is there a github repo to create an issue on?