Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I deleted my 3ds's emunand partition by mistake.
How can I backup game save data installed on emunand?
If you didn't ever format your sysNAND or emuNAND then your save data will be accessible from sysNAND. If you have a backup of your emuNAND (with no formats between the save data you want and when you backed it up) then you can access the save data by restoring it. Otherwise, your save data is gone.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying to access safehax, but I keep getting a black screen, or "pm init failed". Looked in the folder to see that everything was in order, and it is. Any help?

Also, O3DS won't turn on without an SD card :/

Last edited by shafty710,

simplyMJ5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post and first attempt at any hack and i believe i have gone incredibly wrong, i have a new2ds, i had followed the guide to arm9loader at 3ds.guide and while installing arm9loader i was unable to find a file (arm9loaderhax.bin) and now i can not recover my 2ds. i would like to start over entirely. is there any way to repair the files on my SDcard back to stock? i reset to factory setting but I'm still downgraded to 2.1.0. Can anyone please assist me?

Last edited by simplyMJ5,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
First post and first attempt at any hack and i believe i have gone incredibly wrong, i have a new2ds, i had followed the guide to arm9loader at 3ds.guide and while installing arm9loader i was unable to find a file (arm9loaderhax.bin) and now i can not recover my 2ds. i would like to start over entirely. is there any way to repair the files on my SDcard back to stock? i reset to factory setting but I'm still downgraded to 2.1.0. Can anyone please assist me?
Download it from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest. This is linked in the guide.

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i have a new 3ds with luma cfw installed. The problem is that if i take out my sd card my 3ds wont boot. Is there a fix for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind, I fixed it by copying arm9loaderhax.bin to my ctrnand. I copied it before, but maybe it disappeared after updating luma.

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys, I need some help in upgrading an SD card. I just finished following this guide, right here https://3ds.guide to a T, which is an arm9loaderhax + luma + homebrew channel guide if I am not mistaken, so refer to that if you are asking about sysnand and emunand or stuff. Not to sound condescending or anything, it's just that I have no idea about emunand or sysnand or that kind of stuff. Here goes. I have 2 SD cards, one 4GB, which is the one that originally came with the 3ds, and another is an SDHC transcend class 10 8GB. I sucessfully followed the guide and everythign works fine with the original 4GB SD card. So I set out to upgrading and lucky for me, I heard that upgrading is as easy as copy and pasting so that's what I did. Turns out the 3ds refuses to boot (flashing blue lights and then power off). So I began troubleshooting and checked whether the SD card I wish to upgrade to is FAT32 and re checked the contents. I also formatted it from scratch, re-copy and paste, you know standard stuff, and that failed to fix my problem. Any ideas? Thanks for the help you are willing to provide, if any, in advance.

Last edited by kentoadd,

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have copied arm9loaderhax.bin to your ctrnand with FBI, atleast that is what fixed the blue flashing light thing and not booting for me. I don't know what is worng with your sd card or if something is wrong with your sdcard, sorry.

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you have copied arm9loaderhax.bin to your ctrnand with FBI, atleast that is what fixed the blue flashing light thing and not booting for me. I don't know what is worng with your sd card or if something is wrong with your sdcard, sorry.
Yes I did that but only with the original SD card, since the new one won't even boot. It's ok, any help is appreciated.

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe you didn't format it to FAT32? And does anyone know why hb won't launch when i have my wireless connections switched off? I have downloaded otherapp.bin and ropbin.bin

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe you didn't format it to FAT32? And does anyone know why hb won't launch when i have my wireless connections switched off? I have downloaded otherapp.bin and ropbin.bin
You need the one with the firmware in the name, that gets downloaded automatically.

Reactions: grossie8118

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did a backup of both my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I'm in the final steps of the 3ds.guide, but I'm having a problem.

When I boot+START, I boot into Hour Glass. From there, I go to "SysNAND Restore (keep a9hl) -> NANDmin_emu.bin"

It successfully installs, but when I reboot, none of my games are there :/

I'm also having the blue light issue when you turn on the 3ds without SD card.

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did a backup of both my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I'm in the final steps of the 3ds.guide, but I'm having a problem.

When I boot+START, I boot into Hour Glass. From there, I go to "SysNAND Restore (keep a9hl) -> NANDmin_emu.bin"

It successfully installs, but when I reboot, none of my games are there :/

I'm also having the blue light issue when you turn on the 3ds without SD card.

I fixed the blue light issue by copying arm9loaderhax.bin to my ctrnand. Why it disappeared in the first place idk...

When i hold boot+start i don't launch into Hourglass9, but into chainloader menu. Is there a fix for this? (btw i'm on the latest hourly)

Last edited by grossie8118,

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the blue light issue by copying arm9loaderhax.bin to my ctrnand. Why it disappeared in the first place idk...

When i hold boot+start i don't launch into Hourglass9, but into chainloader menu. Is there a fix for this? (btw i'm on the latest hourly)

How did you copy the file over to your ctrnand? Can you explain, please?

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have FBI you can use it to copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the root of your sd card(by clicking on the file and selecting copy), then navigate back to the FBI homemenu and open CTR NAND, ignore the warning and select current directory and select paste. When you reboot without your sd card luma will prompt a config menu select "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" and your preferences. Press start and luma will save. I hope this helps! If you have any questions just ask.

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I simply re-did the process of copying the arm9loaderhax.bin to the ctrnand and now the SD card is recognized. Weird. I read the suggestion you gave to the other guy. Thanks anyway. In case you forgot, you need to rename the hourglass into start_Hourglass9. You definitely are more knowledgeable than me though. I hope I helped you as you have helped me.

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I simply re-did the process of copying the arm9loaderhax.bin to the ctrnand and now the SD card is recognized. Weird. I read the suggestion you gave to the other guy. Thanks anyway. In case you forgot, you need to rename the hourglass into start_Hourglass9. You probably are more knowledgeable than me though.
Thanks for the tip but the weird thing is that the name of the file is already start_Hourglass9.bin. I'm clueless atm. Probably a problem with the latest hourly.
EDIT -
Okay so it's a fix, I guess... I renamed start_Hourglass9.bin to x_Hourglass9.bin and now it works fine (when holding down x). I think the chainload menu set to the start button is a new feature.

Uruga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, today my brother updated to the new firmware 11.3 and now my 2ds doesnt have wi-fi connection at all, i have arm9loader+luma but i'm clueless what to do now, any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D