• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

DieguinhoMeteBala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm following the guide right now and had a issue with the "Decrypt9 (Bowser)" step because it says that I need to copy a Launcher.dat archieve to the root of the SD card, but that is a archieve with the same name there alredy (LAUNCHER.dat actually). What shoud I do?

PS: I've bought this O3DS already hacked, so I have no idea about what the guy did with it, like the SD card being named GATEAWYNAND and not coming with a gateway. Did I need a gateway in order to update from rxTools with Pasta to a9lh?

Last edited by DieguinhoMeteBala,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, is there any chance of bricking from normal use of a CFW 3ds running A9LH and Luma? Use such as dumping, installing, or playing games from the SD card?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having a issue on this same step, because there is already a

I'm following the guide right now and had a issue with the "Decrypt9 (Bowser)" step because it says that I need to copy a Launcher.dat archieve to the root of the SD card, but that is a archieve with the same name there alredy (LAUNCHER.dat actually). What shoud I do?

PS: I've bought this O3DS already hacked, so I have no idea about what the guy did with it, like the SD card being named GATEAWYNAND and not coming with a gateway. Did I need a gateway in order to update from rxTools with Pasta to a9lh?
Replace the one you have with the one from the Decrypt9 download. I think the previous owner used Gateway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Curious, is there any chance of bricking from normal use of a CFW 3ds running A9LH and Luma? Use such as dumping, installing, or playing games from the SD card?
No, only if you go poking around with GodMode9 or delete files off your system with FBI. Keep a backup of your NAND in a safe place always, just in case.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I've downgraded and installed a9 and everything's working perfectly. At first I couldn't re-download games from e-shop but as soon as I installed the games via freeshop it worked. The only error msg I'm getting is when I try to enter the theme shop "download code" in the top menu or try to enter "purchased themes". I can scroll through the theme list and see the ones I already bought and re-download them so this isn't really that big of a deal but when I try to enter the download code or purchased themes I get error 009-6106....any idea? I already tried deleting the theme data in system menu and that didn't work.

Last edited by isoboy,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I've downgraded and installed a9 and everything's working perfectly. At first I couldn't re-download games from e-shop but as soon as I installed the games via freeshop it worked. The only error msg I'm getting is when I try to enter the theme shop or try to enter "purchased themes". I can scroll through the theme list and see the ones I already bought and re-download them so this isn't really that big of a deal but when I try to enter the theme shop or purchased themes I get error 009-6106....any idea? I already tried deleting the theme data in system menu and that didn't work.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5f2t7m/fixed_error_0096106_on_eshop_update/

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
i cannot launch the Homebrew Channel with browserhax on System Version 9.9.0-26E .
The Browser just crashes while loading bar is at 1/4 and I'm on the Home Menu and an error message appears.
No colours, like it should be.

And yes, I've deleted the Browserdata and changed the theme multiple times, nothing changes...

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi,
i cannot launch the Homebrew Channel with browserhax on System Version 9.9.0-26E .
The Browser just crashes while loading bar is at 1/4 and I'm on the Home Menu and an error message appears.
No colours, like it should be.

And yes, I've deleted the Browserdata and changed the theme multiple times, nothing changes...
do you have the starter.zip files on the root of the sd card?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by isoboy,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the "9.2.0 Downgrade" page there is a section in blue that reads:

"Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)"

It says to replace a file on your SD card with "the one for 9.2.0 on your region" but when you I click the link it takes me to this page:

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

It's obvious I need to select "New 9.2.0 and select U at the end" but what i put in for the browser entry? I need to choose something between 1 and 999 and the guide is not specific here.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the "9.2.0 Downgrade" page there is a section in blue that reads:

"Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)"

It says to replace a file on your SD card with "the one for 9.2.0 on your region" but when you I click the link it takes me to this page:

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

It's obvious I need to select "New 9.2.0 and select U at the end" but what i put in for the browser entry? I need to choose something between 1 and 999 and the guide is not specific here.
20 was the browser version that shipped with 9.2 firmware, but depending on where sysDowngrader crashes, it might not affect your browser at all. If this occurs, it would probably be best to check what the system settings say your browser version is and go with the browser version listed there.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I told my friend to format his system memory because he wants to unlink his NNID and also switch to another console. That's fine and all, but I forgot to tell him to delete the games using FBI first. Now that he's formatted, how can he delete the games from his SD card that he once had? I don't think they will show up in his FBI? He formatted while SD card was out of the system of course to retain all the important files.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I told my friend to format his system memory because he wants to unlink his NNID and also switch to another console. That's fine and all, but I forgot to tell him to delete the games using FBI first. Now that he's formatted, how can he delete the games from his SD card that he once had? I don't think they will show up in his FBI? He formatted while SD card was out of the system of course to retain all the important files.
Inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, there will probably be two folders made up of random hash (0-9, a-f) characters. Check the size of each one. If he hasn't installed any games since formatting, one of the folders should be significantly bigger than the other. The one that's bigger will be the one with all of the games he can no longer delete. Simply delete that folder. If he hasn't reinserted the SD card into the 3DS since formatting, there will only be one folder inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Simply delete it.

If he has installed games since and can't tell which folder is which based on size, check the date/time each folder was modified. The old folder shouldn't have been modified since the 3DS was formatted.

Reactions: Distrance

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 9.2.0 Downgrade page in a orange box there is a section that reads:

"The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed."

I assume the "system format" should take place at the VERY beginning of the guide before even starting the "Homebrew Launcher" page, right? As opposed to doing it on the "9.2.0 Downgrade" page where it mentions it.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Go to System Settings, software, 3DS software, then delete games from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1