• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Naifas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

I have Luma3ds with menuhax. Is it worth to install arm9loaderhax? Can I do it with my current SD card without formatting/uninstalling?

Thank you.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. If you followed the a9lh guide, you are on updated sysNAND. What guide are you following? It's probably very outdated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvrmnd itsryan found me the info i needed to do it. now when i get the chance ill get started on it. lol. ty for your kind help there

PseudoSalty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm wondering how is it that I downgrade to 9.2, I have a hardmod installed on a old 3dsxl (11.2.0-35U). Am I no longer able to downgrade because of the recent update? I've been reading many guides and tutorials, but they seem to contradict each other, saying that you need Homebrew, which needs Decrypt9, and then Decrypt9 needs arm9loaderhax, which would need the system to be downgraded to 9.2 . I'm very confused by the process since their seems to be no clear start to the list of things to do since they all seemingly need one another to work. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

fpsbroski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, so I'm wondering how is it that I downgrade to 9.2, I have a hardmod installed on a old 3dsxl (11.2.0-35U). Am I no longer able to downgrade because of the recent update? I've been reading many guides and tutorials, but they seem to contradict each other, saying that you need Homebrew, which needs Decrypt9, and then Decrypt9 needs arm9loaderhax, which would need the system to be downgraded to 9.2 . I'm very confused by the process since their seems to be no clear start to the list of things to do since they all seemingly need one another to work. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!
It should work, weird.. is it really the right fw? check if the downgrade succeeded maybe it didn't because this shouldn't happen?

PseudoSalty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work, weird.. is it really the right fw? check if the downgrade succeeded maybe it didn't because this shouldn't happen?
What is it that was supposed to work, the only thing I've done to my 3ds was hardmod it, I didn't do anything extra like install homebrew or anything else, what I wrote was more towards if anyone had pointers of what was it that I'm supposed to do next

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

This is the most up to date guide in existence :-)

Reactions: PseudoSalty

Vulcanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid questions but here goes...

Today I got my PowerSaves 3DS in the mail & I can use my Ocarina of Time 3d cartridge for the oot3dhax.

Now... My 3DS XL is at 11.1.0.34U (only now have I had a chance to try and homebrew) and two questions;

1. Does the current firmware kill my chance to get into the homebrew?

2. Does this require a robyax (or what it is) of the current firmware as well as the correct save dump associated with said patcher? I have that but I erroneously installed a previous firmware hack save on my game & won't be able yo try again until tomorrow afternoon to properly patch.

Why? Newbie mistake.

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During the dsiware downgrade, at the system transfer step, can you use the microsd method, or does it have to be done via wifi?

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, my question is:
I have a friend with a n3ds on the latest FW, he has had it for a while and has plenty of paid for games and themes on it already, my plan is to use the DSiware downgrade to get a9lh on it, after I system transfer my NNID back to my source o3ds can he just replace the Nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card with his original folder and all his games, themes and saves will still work?
Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, my question is:
I have a friend with a n3ds on the latest FW, he has had it for a while and has plenty of paid for games and themes on it already, my plan is to use the DSiware downgrade to get a9lh on it, after I system transfer my NNID back to my source o3ds can he just replace the Nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card with his original folder and all his games, themes and saves will still work?
Thanks.
1. No, he won't get his stuff back that way.
2. You can't system transfer from new to old. Only old to old, old to new, or new to new.

Delrik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize on the placement of this question, i'm new to forms and hacking the 3DS. I have been researching and my 3DSXL came with 11.2 installed and i don't know if there is a way to get hacks yet at this point? any help would be appreciated.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize on the placement of this question, i'm new to forms and hacking the 3DS. I have been researching and my 3DSXL came with 11.2 installed and i don't know if there is a way to get hacks yet at this point? any help would be appreciated.
11.2 came out on Monday. What system did you buy that had it pre-installed? :/ The only hacks is Homebrew. You can't get custom firmware without a hardmod or access to another system with custom firmware.

Delrik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
11.2 came out on Monday. What system did you buy that had it pre-installed? :/ The only hacks is Homebrew. You can't get custom firmware without a hardmod or access to another system with custom firmware.
its not the new 3ds, but its the 3ds xl. I bought it refurbed from Nintendo so thats probably why.

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two systems.

O3DS 11.2 A9LH and stable luna
N3DSXL 11.2

When I try to do the system transfer I make it to the end of the 1/6 section then I get an error stating no response from the source system. Please check the source system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya