Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you take the board out of a 3ds cart and put it into a ds cart? Obviously to mangle your 3ds cart.
Yes, and I can confirm that it does work very nicely. So if your too classy to saw off the nub, you can just take apart a crappy DS game you don't play with a small flathead screwdriver. Here's a pic with the carts swapped. Notice the Ocarina of Time cart that isn't inside the 3DS, but is swapped with another DS game that is inside the 3DS.
130113_0000_zps7555b536.jpg
So when a hack comes out, just swap carts and modify the save! Although once you take it apart, it makes pulling the top and bottom halves of the cart much easier, so hot glue is advised after doing this, unless you want your cart flying apart when you drop it.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody would know what was new on that page, so here it is:

This is a troll. Probably just trying to lure people to do a survey scam. The edit should soon be erased by an admin.
You beat me too it I was just about to say, do not send a email to that address unless you love spam, at least use a temp email.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From that idiot's user page:

I'm currently testing a beta hack overload .aac and .jpg they were originally a .exe some one help me find out if that will work

So in other words, he renamed an EXE file with the extensions .aac and .jpg, and thinks that will work.

Reactions: pelago

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WTF? people are getting really crazy with this hacking thing. The survey sites must be making a lot of money with this.
I'm really noob on this hacking matter, but i know that we won't be seeing emulators and homebrews until at least the second semester.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Yes, and I can confirm that it does work very nicely. So if your too classy to saw off the nub, you can just take apart a crappy DS game you don't play with a small flathead screwdriver. Here's a pic with the carts swapped. Notice the Ocarina of Time cart that isn't inside the 3DS, but is swapped with another DS game that is inside the 3DS.
130113_0000_zps7555b536.jpg
So when a hack comes out, just swap carts and modify the save! Although once you take it apart, it makes pulling the top and bottom halves of the cart much easier, so hot glue is advised after doing this, unless you want your cart flying apart when you drop it.

yes but you will need a DS Flashcard & a DS Phat or Lite

DS Flashcard to load the homebrew save dumper and upper
and a DSLite or Phat due to you cannot hot swap cards in a DSi or 3DS (hotswap is where you switch the card when game/homebrew data has been booted)

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF? people are getting really crazy with this hacking thing. The survey sites must be making a lot of money with this.
I'm really noob on this hacking matter, but i know that we won't be seeing emulators and homebrews until at least the second semester.
rule #1 NEVER EVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFF THE SURVEY SITES
99.9999% of the times its a scam

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It was Xeno's website.
Though I honestly doubt it was the real Xeno. AFAIK they have NEVER released any of their releases through such means. They are waaay more hush hush about those. Plus iirc their "release" was the same as the others that is in circulation, which is not Xenophobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...