Not open for further replies.

DanielJavierGuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Neimod just posted this:
8298047673_8cfb2a6305_c.jpg

3DS-PC communication link

Used an FPGA to 'enhance' the savechip as a communication link.
This is with an unmodified 3DS, no hardware modifications except for the gamecard that exposes the SPI savechip pins.
8298047143_fc68620795_c.jpg

PC host communication program

PC program that waits for incoming data from the 3DS.
This is with an unmodified 3DS, no hardware modifications except for the gamecard that exposes the SPI savechip pins.

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how close is Neimod hacking the 3ds? What do these pictures mean? I know that Hello World in this case means you can show that you can write a program on the 3DS.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So how close is Neimod hacking the 3ds? What do these pictures mean? I know that Hello World in this case means you can show that you can write a program on the 3DS.
Apparently they can input stuff on the 3DS (ie. run something). What they can actually do with the current hack is not really public. Apparently the image control is beyond them (don't have the info to access the image layers), but it doesn't mean that they couldn't do it. As the 3DS is new tech in this regard, I'd presume only a few people know what can and cannot be done with this.

As for a normal user usable exploit, I'd say this is far from it. As there is no way to magically get stuff to work with this exploit without a proper coding library (eg. libnds) et al, there is not much to go with. As more info is found with the exploit and the inner works of the 3DS hardware/software, more will be made possible. Until then, it's just wait and see.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is probably following this forum, and is already creating a FW update ;) So in a way forums/sites like this reporting hacks is a double sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.