Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
well if I setup the folders I won't have a problem. Altho I already know you exit exploit mode ( not just emunand mode) by exitting settings , so that won't take me by surprise.

I asked that because I read someone lost emunand when accepting the agreement or some shet like that . But I haven't found anyone else. There's a big chance that person screwed up and was on sysnand instead of emunand right?

About the second question , well , I meant game saves , not emunand ( don't have emunand right now of course because clones have it disabled).

What I wanted to know basically is that I can have a normal console life with emunand update and have wifi on , etc. Seems so. Disabling the wifi on sysnand would prevent any accidental update right? Can parental control remove update or wifi access too?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
all the saves will be compatible, and yeah you can be pretty sure they guys who updated sysnand just f**ked up and rushed without following the guide
Oh ok , thanks ^^ , would you still do like I said and after setting up the wifi in emunand , reboot , delete the connection in sysnand , just to take that extra step?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh ok , thanks ^^ , would you still do like I said and after setting up the wifi in emunand , reboot , delete the connection in sysnand , just to take that extra step?

It's common sense. You can leave wifi settings on in system nand but why would you, like I said use a bit of common sense it's a silly question, aslong as you have your wifi settings up and running in emunand then delete them in system nand. Then you're good to go.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a question...
How do you download fire emblem dlc using the rom on gateway?
I am on gateway 2.3b (the most recent) and I am on the most recent update on my emunand. When I try to access the DLC shop in game, it tells me to use the touchscreen to make my choice and then it goes back to the previous menu. If I try to download it via eshop, it gives me the message that the card isn't inserted and I don't have a save file on my SD card. Any ideas people?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to make sure the rom region matches the 3ds region
So if you have a US 3ds you need a US fire emblem rom to download the dlc

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this as been asked/answered before. It has happen 2 or 3 times now that I get all my saves corrupted. What may cause this? Can I prevend it to happen?
what card are you using?
if you are using r4i/3dslink/orange3ds with the latest launcher, this is a known bug and hasnt been fixed yet

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this as been asked/answered before. It has happen 2 or 3 times now that I get all my saves corrupted. What may cause this? Can I prevend it to happen?

Yep , if you're using clone there's not much to do but wait for the clones to fidx it ( I gave up already lol ) although it seems not so many people get this problem tho.... I wonder what's on fault

KendiKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my new Gateway 3DS. I did all the steps for installing the Gateway 3DS up until backing up the NAND. I cannot get into the Gateway menu when I press Nintendo 3DS profile by holding L. It just shows a white screen and I cannot get into the menu. What should I do?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my new Gateway 3DS. I did all the steps for installing the Gateway 3DS up until backing up the NAND. I cannot get into the Gateway menu when I press Nintendo 3DS profile by holding L. It just shows a white screen and I cannot get into the menu. What should I do?

Try reinstalling the exploit from the blue card.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for the late reply,
what card are you using?
if you are using r4i/3dslink/orange3ds with the latest launcher, this is a known bug and hasnt been fixed yet
Yup, r4i 3ds deluxe. Thanks.
Yep , if you're using clone there's not much to do but wait for the clones to fidx it ( I gave up already lol ) although it seems not so many people get this problem tho.... I wonder what's on fault
Is the Launcher.dat still interchangeable between r4i and Gateway?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the late reply,

Yup, r4i 3ds deluxe. Thanks.

Is the Launcher.dat still interchangeable between r4i and Gateway?

No LOL , It has never been. The red card was never detected between clone/mt card / gateway launchers if they were different. and right now gateway needs for an original red card to enter exploit mode

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No LOL , It has never been. The red card was never detected between clone/mt card / gateway launchers if they were different. and right now gateway needs for an original red card to enter exploit mode

Does it? I thought you only needed legit card to enter gateway mode, and the obvious eshop 7.0 snk encryption advantaged to gateway.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Here says that version 2.0 was at least.
no, R4i/orange3ds and 3dslink are the exact same card, so all their FW files are interchangeable, Gateway and MT on the other hand have unique firmware, they dont work with any card but the one they are designed for (if you skim over the part about all the clones using modified gateway FW), there was a time where clone users could use the gateway firmware to use 6.x-7.1 emunand to access eshop etc....but they couldnt play roms...only use the newer emunand, but now to enter even classic mode the gateway card needs to be inserted initially to boot up into 8.x which is needed for newer games i.e smash bros, tomadachi life etc

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
no, R4i/orange3ds and 3dslink are the exact same card, so all their FW files are interchangeable, Gateway and MT on the other hand have unique firmware, they dont work with any card but the one they are designed for (if you skim over the part about all the clones using modified gateway FW), there was a time where clone users could use the gateway firmware to use 6.x-7.1 emunand to access eshop etc....but they couldnt play roms...only use the newer emunand, but now to enter even classic mode the gateway card needs to be inserted initially to boot up into 8.x which is needed for newer games i.e smash bros, tomadachi life etc

I see. Then between them (r4i, orange3ds and 3dslink), what would you say it's the best FW version, if they are not the same as well?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I see. Then between them (r4i, orange3ds and 3dslink), what would you say it's the best FW version, if they are not the same as well?
they are all the same too, at one point they bothered to change the text to say R4i/3dslink etc, but now they have dropped that pretense.....in fact they have dropped the menu completely afaik

f0xdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an idea. would it work to set up emunand by formatting my 3ds and then installing a other flascarts frimware onto my gateway. Would that work?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I had an idea. would it work to set up emunand by formatting my 3ds and then installing a other flascarts frimware onto my gateway. Would that work?
Why? What do you hope to achieve? But to answer the question, no, flashcard firmwares are specific to their card you can't just use random firmwares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics +1