• Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

Evilgamer1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Controller is a 3DS homebrew application which allows you to use your 3DS as a wireless controller for Windows.

As of version 0.6 it supports:

- All of the standard buttons on the 3DS,
- The additional shoulder buttons of the New 3DS,
- The circle pad, New 3DS control stick, and touch screen can be used to move the mouse or control a joystick,
- Using the touch screen as a keyboard (press L, R, and X to toggle),
- Custom key bindings by editing the PC's 3DSController.ini (buttons can be mapped to either keyboard keys or joypad buttons),
- Custom port - make sure the port in PC's 3DSController.ini and 3DS's 3DSController.ini match,
- Controllable throttling amount,

To do:

- Support for the circle pad pro,
- Screen streaming from PC to 3DS,

Download here (source code also available).

Instructions of how to use this are included in the README file.

Videos:

NOTHING is working for me and I have configured all of it correctly with my computer's static IP, .ini file on root of SD Card, Firewall is not blocking the application, and I am running as administrator. I have the vJoy installed, but nothing is working. I have the black screen on my 3DS, with no error. But when I try to do anything, nothing will work. I have the ports set up correctly in the .exe's config file as well. I'm getting very agitated, so could somebody please help me out? :hateit:

Last edited by Evilgamer1337,

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i managed to fix it: is to put the MSVCR120.dll 32 bits into the 64 Bits folder (SYSWOW64) But i have another problem, Many modern games aren't allowing me to use the 3dscontroller...Whenever i use the console and i open the game like by example NFS Shift: The game won't load untill the 3dscontroller console server is closed
:hateit::hateit::hateit:

Last edited by Mugen2x,

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i managed to fix it: is to put the MSVCR120.dll 32 bits into the 64 Bits folder (SYSWOW64) But i have another problem, Many modern games aren't allowing me to use the 3dscontroller...Whenever i use the console and i open the game like by example NFS Shift: The game won't load untill the 3dscontroller console server is closed
:hateit::hateit::hateit:
Like I just said to Eddy, don't copy random files off the internet into your system folders. Get rid of it and install the official one, here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
Games which have anti-cheat systems probably wouldn't be happy about it, and I don't know how to even start to work around it. But it's the same when Windows itself pops up a UAC box (the thing that dims your screen and needs admin approval). The 3DSController just doesn't work until you pass that screen with a real keyboard/mouse.
I suppose if someone remade the 3DSController server as an actual driver that would work, but, I'm not touching that.

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried playing NFS Carbon with 3ds controller...The game didn't work until the console server is disabled... On Windows 10 but in Windows 7 The game was running perfectly with the console so i was wondering if there was some sort of fix by executing the games in Win 7 Mode? (Properties - Compatiblity - win 7)

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried playing NFS Carbon with 3ds controller...The game didn't work until the console server is disabled... On Windows 10 but in Windows 7 The game was running perfectly with the console so i was wondering if there was some sort of fix by executing the games in Win 7 Mode? (Properties - Compatiblity - win 7)
oK THAT didn't work :hateit: .... :( maybe i should save for another controller then U_U

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this issue was addresed at some point in here but... I have the pc end running fine as far as I know but the 3dsx on my 2ds won't detect the .ini file whatsoever. It is at the root of the sd with the ip but it just says .ini file not detected. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I used it on pcsx2 and at first the circle pad works but not the dpad, when I did the mapping on config, suddenly the circle pad doesn't work anymore. T.T
How can I make the dpad and circle pad work at the same time?
When I try to map the Left Stick on the controller plugin config at pcsx2, it doesn't seem to be detected. :U

Managed to make the circle pad in PCSx2 work by using a lot of trial and error. In any case, every time I close a game from an emulator and open it back up, the controllers are not as responsive after that.
I also pressed L R Select and Start, then suddenly the 3ds controller ceased to respond at all.

Last edited by Nirmonculus, , Reason: Update reasons

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got a little problem. I've got a New 3DS and Linux (Ubuntu 16.10 to be more precise) and I can't use the New 3DS's buttons (I can use normal ones line L, R, ABXY, D-Pad and thumb stick but I can't use c-stick, ZL and ZR). How to fix this?

Reactions: mironicurse

caffVic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a little problem. I've got a New 3DS and Linux (Ubuntu 16.10 to be more precise) and I can't use the New 3DS's buttons (I can use normal ones line L, R, ABXY, D-Pad and thumb stick but I can't use c-stick, ZL and ZR). How to fix this?

They shooould work... My mind is kind of fuzzy because so much time passed... If you are using .cia try .3dsx and viceversa.

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.... i was wondering, It's possible to create a "Touch pad menu button" so you can be able to use the Home button as another well button for your games?
Like L3 or R3 etc

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ok i was have this homebrew run since last week. Today i make sure that evrything was correct, especialy the local IP but...nothing. The 3DS screen stay black, but the program on my PC dosen't reconize the console. Im on the recent FW, no CFW, on a NEW3DS.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to map the 3DS L button so it emulates the Escape key on the keyboard?
Its default is 'L'. I tried both ESC and ESCAPE. Both didn't work, can they even be remapped? It's on the ini file where the .exe is located.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...