Gaming 3DS Cartridge Rattles?

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys

I bought a copy of Mario 3d land used the game seems in great shape but one thing if i shake it left and right it rattles but if i hold it firmly with my fingers it wont make a noise so that makes it seem its the casing and not the chip inside

- none of my games does this but those are brand new this one is used and from 2011 is this normal should i return or what?

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's normal for them to rattle a little bit. Usually, they start rattling after a while of being used a whole bunch. As long as the rattling sound isn't too loud, it should be just fine.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never noticed any rattling or movement from my 3DS carts, but I haven't bought any used. I've owned some for 5+ years, though.

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well it does rattle kinda loud if i shake it and i can feel it but it seems to be the casing not the insides? Also idk im not sure if i should exchange it or keep it does work fine but is this a commkn problem like is it normal? My other games dont do this but they are new hardly used

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i ended up trading it because it was rly loose like if i tilt it i can feel something move if u shake it you can hear it ...
so i got a new one this one is much tigher it does still rattle if you shake it but the rattle is not as loud and you need to shake with more force so im happy.
My advice is if you got a loud rattling one exchange it if its bothers you....

Last question this cartridge does have some slight dirt in the cracks along the casing how do i get rid of it? I was thinking maybr toothbrush and or alchole wipes?
I always do clean my used cartridges with achole tho but i cant reach whats in the cracks hmm

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
totally normal for DS and 3DS carts to rattle

for cleaning try alcohol with a q tip or toothpick.

you can try prying the plastic shell apart if youre brave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: