Homebrew 3DS bricked?

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess its paperweight? I got to the one click setup part at first all stages failed followed it through with the firm inject step got one stage to pass and the other 2 failed pressed B and tried to shutdown cause it said to use godmode9 to see hash mismatches or some crap, well there goes the "impossible to brick" claims on the guide all it does is power up the 3d led doesn't light up at all not gonna try to a9lh on another 3ds that's for sure until 100% success rates what a bummer :/

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh the guide should say at that exact part to remove sd and put your sysnand backup onto the sd card to restore it, I could have completely avoided this brick it was silly of me to move ahead onto the "next" solution I was being hasty out of fear of getting a brick @Plailect you should really add this part to the one click setup part to avoid possible bricks.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sympathetic to your situation. But the lesson here is to read a tutorial through before doing anything to make sure you fully understand each step. As you said, in your haste, you made mistakes that could have been avoided.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I understood every part but the one click setup is where not only me but lots people have had trouble and with a little bit of research it seems its because of rxtools 2.6? If thats the case then the guide should deliberately ask you to get rid of rxtools and use cakesfw and redNAND to follow the guide exactly, and it seems rxtools 2.6 will almost always yeild a brick so its a pretty serious case which @Plailect is ignoring I guess?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It just occurred to me. If you got that far in the guide. You should have a nand backup. Several really. You can still do a hardmod, or pay someone to do it for you, and restore your 3ds.

Nvm. I see you posted a help topic on that already.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You know whats funny? o3ds users can just literally downgrade 2.1.0 through sysnand and skip that whole section of the guide so that means I killed one of my o3ds's for no reason if you know a guide to the hardmod or anyone who can do it for me please let me know fellow temp user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...