Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
How do we know its not running from emunand?
Gateway could add GW to firmware number, so injecting exploit should be possible.

Snealum isn't known for faking stuff. Don't insult him with your false accusations! :D

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will have to check my original 3DS to see what firmware that was on when I last left it. Still great news really, leaves me hope that devs will be able to find exploits on higher firmwares

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
also the gateway writes "GW3DS" (I think, or maybe only "GW") before the firmware version.

anyway.... auggghhh! if this came out before, I would be playing retail pokemon X in realnand without the signature keys problem, that erases the save if you use the game outside emunand...

edit: just read that it won't allow piracy. oh well...

Starry Windy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do we know its not running from emunand?
Gateway could add GW to firmware number, so injecting exploit should be possible.

I believe running on Emunand is way different than in actual firmware. Emunand is basically what it says, emulating the firmware of the latest one, meanwhile finding a way to running on actual firmware needs some effort to discover because it's hard to get in, and it's quite a pain to find it, but at least any 6.3 firmware users can enjoy it, and I hope Smea can find the way to exploit the latest firmware as well.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw his tweet earlier about "having something cool to show later today", was not expecting it to be a new exploit.
Glad I backed up my NAND before updating to 7.x

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
That shouldn't be an issue. The only reason they weren't done before was because there was no reason for it until now.
There's no telling if it'll be easier or harder than the older models due to the different motherboard layouts. That's what i'm interested to see.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What makes you say that?
Because he has no need to release it as of yet. It anything, releasing it now will probably contribute more to piracy. He will release it once his homebrew loader is finished. And who knows, he might make sure that the exploit always automatically loads on it, so that no piracy can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!