ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

bjt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if you guys know how stop a move putting you in freefall? I've been digging around and trying different things but I can't figure it out. Honestly it's probably staring me in the face. If anyone can help it'd be massively appreciated. I'm trying to make Zelda's side b not put her in freefall because it's pretty stupid that it does.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a Smash4/Saltysd selector that works with Trinitros21's injector this way you never have to leave your 3ds to switch between the two at rapid speeds.
Also, can someone help me test if this works on o3ds/other regions/ or with physical game carts?
Note: you will still need to regenerate the cache.bin each time you make any edits.

Attachments

• Smash Selector.zip
    432.9 KB · Views: 111

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I made a Smash4/Saltysd selector that works with Trinitros21's injector this way you never have to leave your 3ds to switch between the two at rapid speeds.
Also, can someone help me test if this works on o3ds/other regions/ or with physical game carts?
Note: you will still need to regenerate the cache.bin each time you make any edits.
This looks really promising... If you havent tested EUR I can do that for you :)

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really promising... If you havent tested EUR I can do that for you :)
I just realized that you will need to download a different saltysd.bin if you plan on using it with EUR. If you dont mind, do you think you could PM me the code.bin produced by Trinitros' injector so I can build an eur version?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the README.txt for eur consoles.
EDIT: I need to make another version that works with physical copies of the game. Until then, you can still use it to select the what version you want, but make sure you launch your game from the homemenu.

Attachments

• Smash Selector.zip
    433.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by Cydget,
Reactions: I pwned U!

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who want it/don't wanna compile it here you guys go! (This is the latest github version)

Attachments

• Animcmd Latest Build.zip
    314 KB · Views: 246

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just did:
"Go to File>Open>Fighter and open "data/animcmd/fighter/{character}/"
Next, go to View>Parse Animations and open "data/motion/fighter/{character}/body/main.bch""
And whenever I try to click on GFX/SFX or even expression sometimes the program crash, is that normal ?

Also is Fox doable with the latest version ? I can't parse animation...

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh sounds nice, do you have an already build version of this one ? (edit: nvm, built it myself)

btw nice videos (and program)

Last edited by StorMyu,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got a Wii U weeks back and won a copy of S4 in a money match (went 3-0 as Mac lol), realized yesterday that most tools only meant for Wii U don't work, realized today that it's Windows XP's fault

rest in pieces

when's that spiffy new Sm4shCommand release gonna be a thing?

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does the MSC script handle?
From: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Moveset_Files_(Smash_4)

"Not much is currently known about MSC other than the fact that it is a bytecode based scripting system governing the execution of ACMD subscripts. In order to change the flow of events, one would need to change the MSC coding. There is also some speculation that the Timer on regrabs is handled in MSC as well. It's also possible that ledge trumps and ledge invincibility is handled there as well. In addition, when MSC calls an ACMD subscript it also sets up a stack of variables for the script to use, set, and clear. These range from floating points for articles to character attributes like weight and speed."

Reactions: I pwned U!

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Moveset_Files_(Smash_4)

"Not much is currently known about MSC other than the fact that it is a bytecode based scripting system governing the execution of ACMD subscripts. In order to change the flow of events, one would need to change the MSC coding. There is also some speculation that the Timer on regrabs is handled in MSC as well. It's also possible that ledge trumps and ledge invincibility is handled there as well. In addition, when MSC calls an ACMD subscript it also sets up a stack of variables for the script to use, set, and clear. These range from floating points for articles to character attributes like weight and speed."
What does the MSC script handle?

I wrote that documentation late at night so it might be a bit sparse. Basically, MSC controls what the character does. ACMD is the nitty gritty details like hitboxes and stuff, where MSC controls what actions the characters do after reading inputs. It's the only way to actually change from one move to another. It is speculated that it directly handles the inputs from the controller as well, and calls the moves accordingly

GudPiggeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote that documentation late at night so it might be a bit sparse. Basically, MSC controls what the character does. ACMD is the nitty gritty details like hitboxes and stuff, where MSC controls what actions the characters do after reading inputs. It's the only way to actually change from one move to another. It is speculated that it directly handles the inputs from the controller as well, and calls the moves accordingly
How far are you in decoding it?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decoding was mostly done by Dantarion for a while. I'm just implementing the editing and rebuilding functionality. Keep in mind that MSC is a good bit more complex than ACMD. It's gonna take alot of people alot of testing before we really know how to use it correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!