[360] Dash 17148 released!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm been playing online with xkey since the day I got it which was about 2 years ago no ban ever

Does xkey allow injecting XeX patches?

//

This thread inspired me to turn on my 360 and finish Plants VS Zombies. I died at flag 40 :)
12/12 Achievements now...? I never really understood the point of these achievements other than showing how to "complete" the game.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
MenuISO usage being detectable was a hoax, Xkey team admins admitted it themselves.

I don't remember Admin (or us Mods) stating it was a hoax. I know initially we said it might be a hoax and time will tell. What I do remember is the Dev - TA - staytng Microsoft could detect it if they wanted to. TA was going to release a more beefed up security version of menu ISO for precaution if it was ending up to be required but that never eventuated... Required or making it

Bottom line, the dev 100% said it could be detected but M$ never seemed to do anything about it

There hasn't been a single ban regarding MenuISO.
This I completely agree with :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't remember Admin (or us Mods) stating it was a hoax. I know initially we said it might be a hoax and time will tell. What I do remember is the Dev - TA - staytng Microsoft could detect it if they wanted to. TA was going to release a more beefed up security version of menu ISO for precaution if it was ending up to be required but that never eventuated... Required or making it

Bottom line, the dev 100% said it could be detected but M$ never seemed to do anything about it

It's somewhere in the forums.
I'm way to lazy to dig it up now but I've given the source of it on here once or twice.

They said it because they wanted to profit from selling remotes, seeing MenuISO completely defeats the purpose of the remote.
From their point of view, I can imagine, seeing the remote is like 20 quid.
But from an honest perspective, I don't.

Does xkey allow injecting XeX patches?

//

This thread inspired me to turn on my 360 and finish Plants VS Zombies. I died at flag 40 :)
12/12 Achievements now...? I never really understood the point of these achievements other than showing how to "complete" the game.

Nope, Xkey only runs unmodified ISO's.
Modifying ISO's will break the signatures.
You'll need a JTAG to do it.

Ofcourse there are modmenus etc for GTA and perhaps COD.
But I wouldn't do it if you value your XBL account.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
It's somewhere in the forums.
I'm way to lazy to dig it up now but I've given the source of it on here once or twice.

They said it because they wanted to profit from selling remotes, seeing MenuISO completely defeats the purpose of the remote.
From their point of view, I can imagine, seeing the remote is like 20 quid.
But from an honest perspective, I don't.
I too am way too lazy to look it up but I have moderated that forum since day 1, I beta tested every xkey release (though I don't have one any more) and went through a lot of complaints and tiresome efforts to get the MENUISO built. The dev flat out refused to make a menuiso as it made it harder to support the product and made it easier for M$ to detect.

That said - it would not surprise me if one mod in particular said some about profiting from remotes etc - but I believe that would have been tongue in cheek. We all agreed the remote was better for end user support AND for the xkey user... But I also agree the MENUISO was great for us lazy people... Never having to move like you had to with the remote... I think we all got too spoilt with the wii homebrew and wanted the same for Xbox :)

The dev then added in the about menu so it helped out supporting the device because we mods complained to no end.

The reasons may have been for the cash but communicating directly with the dev it was the MENUISO was not wanted to be built because it made xkey less stealthy, (more easily detectable) and with the remote it made it easier to support and see what was happening during an upgrade.

The dev was paid whether the remotes sold or not

In the end this is all irrelevant. End result, no one ever got banned using MENUISO but the dev did state quite clearly the M$ could detect the use of xkey more easily because of it.

Not that it matters now. Xkey / 3key are dead and the dev left a long time ago without a word. Everyone is lucky that xkey has not needed an update... Too bad for the 3key users...

Anyway - sorry for the stray off topic

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh yer 100% right about that.
Aye, I'm also far to lazy to dig it up now.
360 Scene is moving to the Xbone so it dun matter anymore as well.

Eh no worries.
It's great to learn things.
Atleast, that's how I see it.

Also, mind sharing a few pictures of the beta hardware or more details via PM?
You've peaked me interests.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
If I would buy an Xbox360 right now, what's the best hack/homebrew solution to it.. Is there something that I can backup legit discs to hard drive(internal and external) and still be able to play online without ban? And also to be able to apply patches and DLCs much like .pkg files on the ps3.

Sorry I'm a noob.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something that I can backup legit discs to hard drive(internal and external) and still be able to play online without ban?
ODE. I think Wasabi is the only brand still in production.

And also to be able to apply patches and DLCs much like .pkg files on the ps3.
Only if you do a hardware mod to load a custom dashboard, but this isn't online safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging