Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
new-xbox-360-update-details-re-enables-boot-to-disc-2.jpg
MS has just published a new dashboard revision for the 360.
Today, Dash 17148 is available on XBLive.

Changes are unknown at this moment, however Xkey and LT users beware.
Updating is at your own risk!

I personally suspect the changes are minor (stability updates as well as XBL updates)

Source: Meself, just turned on me console.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed Dash 17148 on my fat 360 elite with LT+3.0 (LITE-ON), all game still working and i can log into XB-Live no probs.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FYI Microsoft can't fix LT+3.0 or xkey it's been 2-3 years it's been out and nothing has been fixed

MS can fix it quickly and easily.
By reflashing the DVD drives to another stock firmware like they did in 13xxx.
They just check if the firmware matches the stock one and if it doesn't, refuse to update or update and flag the console for a ban/ban it as soon as it gets on Live again.

MS just doesn't care much anymore about the 360 as the Xbone is the most profitable platform now.
That and the future of the 360 doesn't look bright.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

8 years old with a successor already out for a year? Doesn't exactly sound like a system that's gonna get much more support beyond the inevitable watered down ports of annual sports franchises. If anything it's surprising how it's gotten much support the last year.

As for updates, I don't suppose this one turned the user interface into something less crappy? Seems every time I've updated the menus have just gotten worse and worse, both aesthetically and from a usability standpoint.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
8 years old with a successor already out for a year? Doesn't exactly sound like a system that's gonna get much more support beyond the inevitable watered down ports of annual sports franchises. If anything it's surprising how it's gotten much support the last year.

As for updates, I don't suppose this one turned the user interface into something less crappy? Seems every time I've updated the menus have just gotten worse and worse, both aesthetically and from a usability standpoint.

I do not expect new games, but I doubt M$ is going to stop fighting piracy on the 360.

The update did nothing I notice on the UI.
Thought they broke the GamesForGold. It says "Purchase $9.99" on the free game this month.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to flash back to stock all the time on an update just to give my CK3 Blaster kit a bit of going over but now I never bother I just update and that's it. I Have two xbox 360's with CK3 Blaster Kits on, I don't think you can even buy them anymore, bet there worth a small little fortune to buy one second hand now for a collector?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MS can fix it quickly and easily.
By reflashing the DVD drives to another stock firmware like they did in 13xxx.
They just check if the firmware matches the stock one and if it doesn't, refuse to update or update and flag the console for a ban/ban it as soon as it gets on Live again.

MS just doesn't care much anymore about the 360 as the Xbone is the most profitable platform now.
That and the future of the 360 doesn't look bright.
I think you need to read a little more on how the xbox360 works. The older fat models are unable to flash there own dvd drive the newer slims can update there dvd drive but if you have LT+3.0 on a slim you most likely have a unlocked PCB for your drive which after flashing can can lock the drive. The xkey on the other have has never had any problems besides the muit-iso menu. Microsoft can see you picking games from the photo dvd menu but that's fixed by using the remote. Microsoft has tried fixing LT+3.0 with XGD3 and AP but we have overcome all that and microsoft is unable to fix anything. If you remember LT+3.0 was called the silver bullet before it was released and did you think that was a joke? As soon as microsoft started using per console AP there was no choice but to release it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think you need to read a little more on how the xbox360 works. The older fat models are unable to flash there own dvd drive the newer slims can update there dvd drive but if you have LT+3.0 on a slim you most likely have a unlocked PCB for your drive which after flashing can can lock the drive. The xkey on the other have has never had any problems besides the muit-iso menu. Microsoft can see you picking games from the photo dvd menu but that's fixed by using the remote. Microsoft has tried fixing LT+3.0 with XGD3 and AP but we have overcome all that and microsoft is unable to fix anything. If you remember LT+3.0 was called the silver bullet before it was released and did you think that was a joke? As soon as microsoft started using per console AP there was no choice but to release it

Phatties did update themselves, yes they did.
The Slim drives got software locked after 13xxx, people with flashed slims either got a replacement PCB with a hardware lock or a software locked original PCB.

MenuISO usage being detectable was a hoax, Xkey team admins admitted it themselves.
There hasn't been a single ban regarding MenuISO.

LT 3.0 isn't the "silver bullet" it's the topology patching method.

Mate, I don't know where you read it but yer pretty confused.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phatties did update themselves, yes they did.
The Slim drives got software locked after 13xxx, people with flashed slims either got a replacement PCB with a hardware lock or a software locked original PCB.

MenuISO usage being detectable was a hoax, Xkey team admins admitted it themselves.
There hasn't been a single ban regarding MenuISO.

LT 3.0 isn't the "silver bullet" it's the topology patching method.

Mate, I don't know where you read it but yer pretty confused.
I'm not going to fuel the fire here so all I'm going to say is if they could of fixed it they would have done it already. As far as the menuiso for the xkey I heard about it long ago that it was banning people but I always use the remote anyway. We had about 10-20 updates since it released so I think it's safe to say that we don't have to spark drama by posting on the front page of the site "LT+3.0 Xkey users beware" when clearly microsoft has hit a wall long ago.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not going to fuel the fire here so all I'm going to say is if they could of fixed it they would have done it already. As far as the menuiso for the xkey I heard about it long ago that it was banning people but I always use the remote anyway. We had about 10-20 updates since it released so I think it's safe to say that we don't have to spark drama by posting on the front page of the site "LT+3.0 Xkey users beware" when clearly microsoft has hit a wall long ago.

Still safer to be careful when updating.
Besides, if MS does implement a new update which breaks LT/Xkey, people are likely to message me blaming me for breaking their xbox cause I posted that it was safe to update.

Also, hearing is not confirming ;]

MS just doesn't care about the 360 anymore.
Xbone is out for a year now.
Their shifting the focus to that.

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally don't think M$ can detect LT+ or the xkey because if they could they would of done something about
it already it's been over 2 years since LT+ and the xkey came out.

What they can do however is look for discrepancies between the actual genuine game disc and the backup one we
use to go on-line with, like if all the security sectors crc's are good the game partition is good and the
topology data is ok.

What M$ Probably look out for is if someone modifies or tampers with the ISO in some way before they burned or
used it with the xkey because then the security sectors crc's and game partition especially will be all screwed
up, when something like this happens the disc's info is checked against the genuine one on the M$ servers and
if the server detects there is a discrepancy flags you for a possibly ban, M$ probably works on something like a
3 strikes and you're out sort of thing because they have to be 100% sure you are using a illegal backup, that's
why we use abgx360 to verify the ISO's before we burn them or use them with the xkey.

But what about topology data, what happens if someone with a legit disc goes on-line and their laser is failing
and the 360 can't read the topology on the discs very well, there has to be some sort of "system device error"
forgiveness in M$'s legitimate requirement for end-user banning policy otherwise it useless, they have to be
100% sure you are using a illegal backup because if they start banning people for the slightest error the Paper
Headline will read "Class action lawsuits filed against M$ for unlawful ban hammer."

As for M$ flashing the drives, yes they can do that and they have done so before but if your M$ you have to ask
yourself is it worth it because all they will do is re-flash them back to LT+ again, plus the last time we did
it a lot of 360 failed to flash and we had to spent lots of cash repairing them.

It's always a risk flashing any drives firmware whether that's a 360's drive or a PC's DVD drive.

It all boils down to risk and reward, M$ probably said it just isn't worth flashing the drives again, we have a
way of monitoring for discrepancies and banning them who we find to be using illegal backups.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't think M$ can detect LT+ or the xkey because if they could they would of done something about
it already it's been over 2 years since LT+ and the xkey came out.

What they can do however is look for discrepancies between the actual genuine game disc and the backup one we
use to go on-line with, like if all the security sectors crc's are good the game partition is good and the
topology data is ok.

What M$ Probably look out for is if someone modifies or tampers with the ISO in some way before they burned or
used it with the xkey because then the security sectors crc's and game partition especially will be all screwed
up, when something like this happens the disc's info is checked against the genuine one on the M$ servers and
if the server detects there is a discrepancy flags you for a possibly ban, M$ probably works on something like a
3 strikes and you're out sort of thing because they have to be 100% sure you are using a illegal backup, that's
why we use abgx360 to verify the ISO's before we burn them or use them with the xkey.

But what about topology data, what happens if someone with a legit disc goes on-line and their laser is failing
and the 360 can't read the topology on the discs very well, there has to be some sort of "system device error"
forgiveness in M$'s legitimate requirement for end-user banning policy otherwise it useless, they have to be
100% sure you are using a illegal backup because if they start banning people for the slightest error the Paper
Headline will read "Class action lawsuits filed against M$ for unlawful ban hammer."

As for M$ flashing the drives, yes they can do that and they have done so before but if your M$ you have to ask
yourself is it worth it because all they will do is re-flash them back to LT+ again, plus the last time we did
it a lot of 360 failed to flash and we had to spent lots of cash repairing them.

It's always a risk flashing any drives firmware whether that's a 360's drive or a PC's DVD drive.

It all boils down to risk and reward, M$ probably said it just isn't worth flashing the drives again, we have a
way of monitoring for discrepancies and banning them who we find to be using illegal backups.
I'm been playing online with xkey since the day I got it which was about 2 years ago no ban ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: