2DS XL Does not boot or start at all

KatGod101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. So my 2ds XL has been working fine up until recently. I don't use it everyday or all the time, but its worked. I turned it on a month ago to show someone something, and then turned it off, still in working condition. I come back a month later and im greeted by a blue light that turns on, and black screens. Ive done research and have found nothing that has actually fixed it for how hard I looked. When trying to boot into the luma config thing, it also doesn't work, and godmode9 doesn't boot either. When I take the SD card out, same thing happens. When the SD card is in and I do try, it turns on but turns off instantly. This only started to happen after I updated luma on the SD card. When I put back the one I had before, it just stays blue and does nothing. Though somehow, I was able to bring up the luma menu for half a second, with the top screen showing all defunk stuff. I have a picture that I can show, but I don't know if my DS is dead or not or if its a software thing. Ive tried updating the files on it, ive tried removing everything but whats needed. The image below shows that I got it to somewhat go into it once, but only for a split second and after trying for a very long time. I hope I can get some help and feedback on this

(And I dont know what firmware is on it right now. Its probably 11.14 or something looking as the last time I updated it was march).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-004021_Gallery.png
    Screenshot_20220707-004021_Gallery.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 61

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep looks like somebody knocked over your 2DS picked it up and put it back without saying anything... Yeah that top screen is definitely totaled and that's likely the only reason why it's not powering on

Edit too bad you don't know how this happened I'm really curious I've seen someone get hit by a car with their 3DS in their pocket and the top screen was still in better condition than this and it was the only thing broken

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...