Hacking 2DS Flash Card Compatability

goldberry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody,

So I'm currently rolling with an old M3 Real model on my DS Lite, with the intention of buying a 2DS at the end of the week. As I understand it, there's not a hope in hell of getting my M3 working with a 3/2DS, which is fine, I got my use out of it.

I have two questions:

1) As it stands, is the flash card compatibility with a 2DS the same as the 3DS or is there a little something extra in the way of being locked down? The answer somewhat changes the following question.

2) With Nintendo's update the other week trying to kill flash cards in their entirety, who is still standing? What cards specifically will still work on the 2/3DS (r.e. last question) if I were to pick one up today? With 3DS ROM compatibility preferred, but DS only is fine for the time being if it seems likely an update is on the horizon. I did reference the 'What Flash Card Should I Buy?' topic, but it appears it was last updated in August.

I apologise if the question has been asked a thousand-score times before, as is clear from the M3 I'm packing I haven't needed to look into this in quite some time (though despite the lack of updates the card will hopefully give me some time yet, since I'm not throwing out the DSLite).

...Of course, the flash card purchase will have to come *after* Pokemon X.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1) As it stands, is the flash card compatibility with a 2DS the same as the 3DS or is there a little something extra in the way of being locked down? The answer somewhat changes the following question. As far as I know the 2DS uses the same firmware as the 3DS and any flashcard that works on 3DS works on the 2DS.

2) With Nintendo's update the other week trying to kill flash cards in their entirety, who is still standing? What cards specifically will still work on the 2/3DS (r.e. last question) if I were to pick one up today? With 3DS ROM compatibility preferred, but DS only is fine for the time being if it seems likely an update is on the horizon. I did reference the 'What Flash Card Should I Buy?' topic, but it appears it was last updated in August. That topic is always up to date. Any flashcard on that topic is still a good flashcard to check out, but the two best flashcards to use are the R4i Gold and Supercard DSTwo. I suggest checking out nds-card.com since they are gbatemp's official sponsor.

I apologise if the question has been asked a thousand-score times before, as is clear from the M3 I'm packing I haven't needed to look into this in quite some time (though despite the lack of updates the card will hopefully give me some time yet, since I'm not throwing out the DSLite).

...Of course, the flash card purchase will have to come *after* Pokemon X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.