2 quick questions.

neotank19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a used wii u without a game pad. can I hack it without the pad? If not I can borrow one.

Was reading the hacking guide. Can I still install haxchi if I cant buy any games from the store since it is closed.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Picked up a used wii u without a game pad. can I hack it without the pad? If not I can borrow one.

Was reading the hacking guide. Can I still install haxchi if I cant buy any games from the store since it is closed.
1. Gamepad needed to get into system settings to set up Internet ect

2. Haxchi is an old hack. Use tiramisu or aroma. You don't need to buy anything for both of em

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to use bluUbomb to get into the homebrew launcher (use one that can use other controllers) instead of needing a gamepad, but it's kind of a paint to set up from what I remember. I think you have to do so through linux.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

To summarize what was already said: It is, in theory, possible to hack the WiiU without a pad, but it is a lot of work und not trivial. Since you can borrow one, this should be the easist way. After the initial setup, there is afaik no need for a pad anymore.

Which hacking guide were you using? Generally the guide at https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/ is considered as one of the best and (most importantly) up-date guides out there. With Tiramisu and Aroma (which can be installed after Tiramisu with only a few clicks), there is no longer any need to buy a game anymore. Therefore the store is no longer needed.

Reactions: neotank19

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are correct. the only time you'd need the gamepad is for system settings. I have no idea why Nintendo did that. anyway, if you borrow one for a little bit, you can get everything setup.

Reactions: Windi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info. I will go study the up to date hack guide. then go borrow the pad from my cousins.
turn off the standby settings while in system settings btw. you don't need the quick menu or for it to download in the background while the system is on standby. the quickmenu requires the gamepad, and it will only delay going to the home menu. it will eventually go there, but the delay is unnecessary.

Reactions: lwiz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...