How to get Wii U to detect toypad emulator for Lego Dimensions?

Selaphane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've gone through the steps of creating the virtual toy pad by following the instructions from the Berny23 github toypad emulator.

I've got the toy pad up and running via my browser on my desktop, but when I boot the game on my Wii U it tells me to connect the toy pad to the console. How do I go about doing this? I don't see any settings anywhere for doing this.

Am I missing something here?

toypad.PNG

Reactions: sonictopfan

caleb39411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calebevans.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As explained on the GitHub page, to use the toypad emulator on a real console, you need to install it on a compatible single board computer, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero W, which is what plugs in to your console. You do not need CFW on your Wii U.

Reactions: Blythe93

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've gone through the steps of creating the virtual toy pad by following the instructions from the Berny23 github toypad emulator.

I've got the toy pad up and running via my browser on my desktop, but when I boot the game on my Wii U it tells me to connect the toy pad to the console. How do I go about doing this? I don't see any settings anywhere for doing this.

Am I missing something here?

View attachment 421870
I'm also very interested in this.

Selaphane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As explained on the GitHub page, to use the toypad emulator on a real console, you need to install it on a compatible single board computer, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero W, which is what plugs in to your console. You do not need CFW on your Wii U.
For some reason I thought it could be emulated on a console the way it is on a PC emulator. I understand now. But am also curious if this would work with an actual toypad? Seems like it'd be less of a headache to just shell out like $20 for an actual toypad as opposed to configuring a Raspberry Pi...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty