Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well M3 is practically in last place as far as firmware updates have been going over the last 2 months!
The Updates have been sparse and even then they don't fix what they say is fixed.
Pokemon HGSS still freezes without the UCP patch....thanks M3 team for not fixing that!
Alice in Wonderland still has the problem of not being able to kill anything, don't know what I can do for that.

It seems like every other firmware has addressed these issues completely, but the M3 team just gave us a half-assed attempt.
I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a different card and if the Issues aren't addressed very soon I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to do just that!
I used to praise M3 for their consistent updates and their smooth firmware but I'm beginning to lose faith in their ability to present quality firmwares.

EDIT: I seem to have found a prepatched (E) version for Alice in Wonderland which works fine(it saves and you can kill enemies), it's not the (U) version but it is in english and there's not really any difference since it's a DS game there's no difference in video refresh rates or anything google is your friend

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 has been dying a slow death since the slot 2 perfect. They aren't innovative. Most of their features are held over from the perfect. The didn't make the M3 Real and they're not responsible for Sakura. In the face of the new generation of cards I don't see how they will be able to continue.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Alice in Wonderland still has the problem of not being able to kill anything, don't know what I can do for that.
mellow.gif

That's some AP.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
lolzed said:
Porygon-X said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
mellow.gif

That's some AP.
that's the AP....

Yeah. I was surprised at what the AP was.

Instead of random game freezes, it makes you unable to kill anything.

Imagine that in Pokemon.
mellow.gif

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not getting a M3 cart for my mom's DSi XL .......

maybe nintendy got them??

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, they were pretty damn good before. But then they started to vanish after that vacation of theirs. Hell whatever happened to Kaura?

I bought a Supercard Two myself, it does what it does and I like it.

S

squall_leonhart

Well I finished Alice in Wonderland on DSi with the No-Intro dat confirmed Alice in Wonderland cartridge, so that issue was addressed. May 12th they released their latest Firmware, so i expect a new FW to be released by the end of this week, been a month then.

and Kaura was discontinued due it was being hacked by various people so untill they have that fixed won't see any updates towards Kaura

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyclods's last update was 3 weeks
acekards last "official" update was about 7 weeks ago (I really wouldnt even call this an update since there were no game fixes just fixed some cart frezzing problems but didnt even attempt to fix the games so technically the last update was 7 months ago)
supercard dstwo's last update was 1 week ago
m3 sakura's last update was 3 weeks ago
ez flash 5 last update was about 5 weeks ago
itouchds's last update was 4 weeks ago

all other carts are dead and or rely on third party firmware

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Although I own the M3 Real, M3 Zero and iTouch I wouldn't miss the M3 Team one bit.
How can you not miss the M3 Team, they're the ones that supply the updated firmware for all your cards. So unless you've brought Acekard like me or another brand I don't understand.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not 'dead', more like less competent then before. I love the flashcart and the M3 Team but they're just pushing out bad firmware updates nowadays.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
M3 has been dying a slow death since the slot 2 perfect. They aren't innovative. Most of their features are held over from the perfect. The didn't make the M3 Real and they're not responsible for Sakura. In the face of the new generation of cards I don't see how they will be able to continue.

Since when has any flashcart team been innovative except for the Supercard team? That's basically where all the new flashcart features start and pan out. Atleast the M3 team added these features to their firmware to keep up with the times.

spiflication

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about innovation. I just want updated firmware that fixes big issues. I don't expect or ask for updates the same day a game comes out. I don't mind waiting, but releasing updates that don't fix the problem and just letting it go on unfixed for months really sucks...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spiflication said:
I don't really care about innovation. I just want updated firmware that fixes big issues. I don't expect or ask for updates the same day a game comes out. I don't mind waiting, but releasing updates that don't fix the problem and just letting it go on unfixed for months really sucks...

Yah they used to be a lot better at that. They were like the second ones to fix Mario and Luigi 3.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ownd an M3 real
and in those days the updates were a lot faster and better than what they are now with the M3i Zero

I'm almost glad I didn't find any1 who wanted to buy my AK2i

I might just use my M3i Zero as a media dock for my dsi n my AK2i for games; it's the only way to justify it now, in my view

skateboard34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope M3 doesn't die, but right now, I have all the updates I need. I just want to play my games and listen to my music. That's it. Innovation would be nice, but not a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E