M3DS Simply

Sedivy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I dusted off my old DS lite after years of not using it. Last I was tinkering with it years ago, I did wipe and reformat the 2Gb microSD card that I got to use with my M3DS Simply though I don't remember what exactly I was trying to do with it. It was working fine before, I played games for years on it before the wipe so I think I was trying an update or maybe a different look?

In any case M3 team imploded in the meantime and now I'm not sure how to get the thing running again. The card has nothing on it, and from instructions I'm reading on various forums, it's supposed to have a kernel, though I'm unsure which one, and apparently latest version of Wood R4 is supposed to run on it.

I tried loading various files on it but nothing is registering at all. It's as if nothing is in the slot and I'm sure I'm missing something.
Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to load on it, keeping in mind that I did wipe the card, don't have the old M3 mini install cd and so have nothing to put on the card currently.

Sedivy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently I just didn't search the forums hard enough. Someone else's solution of formatting to fat32 and loading wood r4 v 1.16 worked like a charm. I'd link to the topic but can't post links yet.

Yes I tried v1.62 but that didn't register at all. Like that previous guy, I'll have to figure out at which version it ends up breaking compatibility with my m3 simply. But at least I know I'm doing it right :D

edit: Well it wasn't the version. 1.62 that you linked worked just fine now. Apparently it was the format. I had it on fat originally and it had to be fat32. Either that or the link you gave me is better than the 1.62 version I got from this forum's wood r4 original thread. But that sounds strange so it was probably the format.

Last edited by Sedivy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto