M3 Game Manager and Linux

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is SOLVED, but I'll leave it up Incase somebody comes by needing the exact same info.

Hello GBATemp'ers,

I just dug out my old DS Lite and started playing again, and...a lot of years. Anyways I ditched Windows about 16 years ago for Linux. Does any of you Linux users know how to get the M3/G6 Game Managers to work in Linux.

My love for you will be forever if you can help.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just downloaded the m3/g6 manager from here. and there's no .exe files. What am I missing?

EDIT AGAIN: I just found out about Twlightmenu. What exactly is this? It looks like I put the _nds folder on my micro usb for my M3 and it'll give some kind of cfw or something?

EDITthe3rd: I have Twlightmenu++ working, and have The Minish Cap playing off my Supercard DSOne. I never thought gba through a DS cart was possible!

So I'm pretty good now with having Twlightmenu++ right? I don't need any game managers or anything?

Last edited by h8uthemost,

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like Twlightmenu++ has better gba compatibility than the DS. Every gba game I've tried has worked. But a couple DS games haven't. Is there anyway to boot between TWLM++ and my Supercard DSOne firmware on the fly?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe with a slot 1 device or gba flash cart would be your best option? You might be able to boot original firmware through tm++. I know you can with the dstwo.

Reactions: h8uthemost

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe with a slot 1 device or gba flash cart would be your best option? You might be able to boot original firmware through tm++. I know you can with the dstwo.
Hey godreborn,

I actually am using a slot 1 device, the Supercard DSOne for my DS Lite. But I don't see where I can boot into the dsone. :(

Thanks for your reply
Post automatically merged:

I found it! Finally! A rom patcher that works in Linux(under Wine). It's gbata. And it works perfectly and is in the download section for the Gameboy Advance. So I hope this helps another Linux user.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSONE EOS is pretty good so I'd use that instead of twilightmenu. You can use gbarunner2 to play gba games on the dsone. It's the same emulator twilightmenu uses minus the menu.
I didn't think or even know that gbarunner2 would work! Nice. I can do everything off of slot 1 now if I want..

You've been a lot of help. Thanks!

No way! I just tried it and it works! Thank you so much you two. I can now play gba games on slot 1(which I never thought was possible) and play nds games with the Supercard kernel.

Only thing is I can't get snes/gnes emulation working. But that's something for another day. I'm gonna enjoy this win. :)

Thanks again

Reactions: godreborn

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't think or even know that gbarunner2 would work! Nice. I can do everything off of slot 1 now if I want..

You've been a lot of help. Thanks!

No way! I just tried it and it works! Thank you so much you two. I can now play gba games on slot 1(which I never thought was possible) and play nds games with the Supercard kernel.

Only thing is I can't get snes/gnes emulation working. But that's something for another day. I'm gonna enjoy this win. :)

Thanks again
both gba and snes emulation aren't perfect on ds and they never will be. That's just how it is. Slot-2 cards will always be superior to gbarunner2 but it might be sufficient for whatever you want to do.

Reactions: h8uthemost

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll find the .gba files for those emulators for my slot 2 then. I mainly emulate on the Wii as I like playing them on the TV. But... It's also nice to have the games on the go if needed.

Once again thank you

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto