Votes: 27 27.0%

• Total voters

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Which is why I said "Some stuff" and not "something"
so a $250 vita just to get voice-acting in one game?
makes sense.
Technically if he wants the Vita ver, he'd just need to import the game like I did since it is region free :)
Or at least I think it is.
It better be.
Please.

I would rather buy the Vita version cause it has English voices.
The game is a novel so the voices are the must.
I think ill buy the 3DS version but again, Japanese voice :S
Actually I read books every once in a while and I'm pretty sure they don't have voices. No voices certainly didn't stop me from enjoying 999 and Ever17. I probably would've turned them off anyway as I read much faster than I can listen to the voices. Having to wait three seconds every line is annoying.

It is sometimes annoying to listen to the voices but the games main thing is the story, thats why it needs voices.
I don't read books cause i think they are boring, but if there is a movie or a show about the book then it would be interested.
I would rather listen to audiobook then read a book.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I eventually get this game, I will probably play it without voices on.

but playing a visual novel game with voices makes it all the more intriguing. without the voices, it's all dull. maybe you shouldn't play this game if you are going to play without the voices on. no offense

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country

but playing a visual novel game with voices makes it all the more intriguing. without the voices, it's all dull. maybe you shouldn't play this game if you are going to play without the voices on. no offense
999 was excellent without any voice acting. So, as far as I'm concerned, what you have just said is all incorrect. It may be your opinion but your opinion is just plain wrong. Why?
Because the point of a visual novel is to play it as if you were reading a novel. Sure, there are audio books these days but none of that would exist without the invention of words on paper.

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

but again, 999 doesn't have voices and it's still VERY intriguing, I do agree that voices make the story so much livelier and it's one of the main differences of what makes a visual novel different then novels (not that I don't love novels just as much

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will probably have a skip feature like 999 when you have already heard or read the lines.
Apparently it has something like a flowchart called the 'FLOW system'.
This is from IGN:

It is, essentially, a huge flowchart on a menu screen. You can pull it up at any time, trace the path of decisions you've made so far – and see the branching paths that represent other choices you could have made instead.
Think of it like flipping the pages in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. If you make a choice while reading one of those that leads your hero to a bad end, you can just flip back to where you went wrong and choose the other option instead. Here, it's the same thing. Say you choose to be a nice guy, and by doing so you end up getting your character killed when another not-so-nice cast member betrays you. Well, screw them – just rewind time, choose to betray them first, and watch yourself come out on top instead.

Reactions: 1 person

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
It will probably have a skip feature like 999 when you have already heard or read the lines.
Apparently it has something like a flowchart called the 'FLOW system'.
This is from IGN:

It is, essentially, a huge flowchart on a menu screen. You can pull it up at any time, trace the path of decisions you've made so far – and see the branching paths that represent other choices you could have made instead.
Think of it like flipping the pages in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. If you make a choice while reading one of those that leads your hero to a bad end, you can just flip back to where you went wrong and choose the other option instead. Here, it's the same thing. Say you choose to be a nice guy, and by doing so you end up getting your character killed when another not-so-nice cast member betrays you. Well, screw them – just rewind time, choose to betray them first, and watch yourself come out on top instead.

^ I like that, however i hope its not TOO helpful, the rewind feature is a great idea because starting from the beginning in the original (even tho you could skip the text) was anoying and one of the only things in the game i didnt like.

However, i dont want this game to be easy, show roughly what area of the game the branching paths happen but dont give ANY clues as to what you need to do, i really hope its not as simple as "betray A or B" or "ally with A or B" i hope there is more to it than that, things like from the original, such as choose to give a certain character an item or maybe check a room for a secret switch or purposely fail a puzzle to cause someones death. Basically stuff you wouldnt think to do straight away, that would be cool as hell.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ Sweet. Cos one small gripe I had with 999 was that the whole thing needed to be started from the very beginning every time it ends. At least the speedup helps but still. I do understand why they did that in 999 since there are things that do change with certain choices. And there were only that many endings. But yea. This addition is definitely welcome.

Dare not imagine 24 replays minimum to get all the ending..... and plus the other times when you reach the same ending or misclick (Yes it happens :\)

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But I think people might abuse this system, I know for sure I will. This is both good and bad, because no more replaying puzzles a millions times but bad because people won't follow through one path and might get lost when going back and forth with their choices.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I preordered it through Play-asia cause' I couldn't really care about the watch.

I wished I have enough spaced for my memory card as it is currently full and have no other choice but
to wait for a couple of weeks. This is my most anticipated game for when it was announced, till now.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
But I think people might abuse this system, I know for sure I will. This is both good and bad, because no more replaying puzzles a millions times but bad because people won't follow through one path and might get lost when going back and forth with their choices.

I think they should only allow you to rewind stuff when you've already done that paticular section once, Yes thats like the first game and maybe you will have to go back to the start, but im ok with that as long as im given the option to change my ideas mid-way through 2nd playthrough, so i can discover more of the game.

I think thats how the game should be done, first playthrough, no rewind, whatever choices you make are your choices. 2nd playthrough, if you come across anything you've done before, you can skip through it and you can rewind any decision you've made thus far.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either way, the positives of the new FLOW system definitely outweigh the negatives. I think that it was a smart idea incorporating this feature instead of playing through the same puzzle 24 times. Towards the last few endings of 999, I had basically memorized every puzzle's answer.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either way, the positives of the new FLOW system definitely outweigh the negatives. I think that it was a smart idea incorporating this feature instead of playing through the same puzzle 24 times. Towards the last few endings of 999, I had basically memorized every puzzle's answer.
you must be a real big fan to be in this thread for such a long time and refreshing like a mad man.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member='Hells Malice']: but wasn't the VA cast in the OVA same as the demo? (except for Sigma)

Didn't get a huge taste as in, didn't really get to hear the voices enough to judge them properly. The OVA was better for that and showed I deeefinitely liked it.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe because you are playing as Sigma in the game (while you are observing Sigma in the OVA)? So it's a bit weird to have voices though having text dialog doesn't seem to be as bad. I dunno.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe because you are playing as Sigma in the game (while you are observing Sigma in the OVA)? So it's a bit weird to have voices though having text dialog doesn't seem to be as bad. I dunno.

I guess that makes sense. We are Sigma so they make the main character to not have voice.

I wonder if there'll be any anime styled cutscene like in the OVA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U