Zero Escape on the Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by elunesgrace, Sep 17, 2013.

1. elunesgrace
    OP

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Ok so for those that aren't aware, this game (Zero Escape) has a game-breaking save bug that occurs in one game. What occurs is if you try to save in one particular room, it actually erases the save file.

However, as I understand it Gateway actually saves to the SD card after you exit.

Would this bypass the issue then?

Conversely I am told the eShop version fixed this bug. Is this true?

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    According to a freakin facebook comment the eShop version of the US (!) game is fixed. Not sure about the Gateway. If your game crashes you can take the SD card out to prevent the save from being deleted I guess.

3. Niksy

Niksy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2010
    Can't you just, you know, NOT save in that particular room?

Enigma Hall likes this.
  4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I actually finished Zero Escape on my Gateway a few days ago. I didn't have that problem, but then again I knew about the bug so I didn't save in that room. I know for a fact that the PEC color puzzle freeze still affects the Gateway, though. Just save BEFORE you get into the PEC, don't press A/tap the screen/whatever quickly when opening the color puzzle, and you will be fine.

5. hhs

hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Apr 15, 2011
    I lost about 6 hours in that game over this. It froze, I reloaded and when I got back to the room I saved. Big mistake.

6. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Luckily I only lost an hour or so. I wish there had been an option to skip never-read text.

7. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    I'm about to start playing this game as soon as I finish matters at hand.
    How can I identify this room in the most spoiler-free way any of you could describe???

8. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It's very easy. In the game, there's Novel mode and Puzzle mode. Only save in novel mode. But, if you MUST save in Puzzle mode, make sure you are not in the "PEC." You will see a plaque reading "PEC" while in Novel mode, and as soon as that happens, save. Then, while in puzzle mode, make sure you don't advance the text too quickly when starting a puzzle. Before each puzzle are mini instructions that pop up, and once you see those in the PEC room, make sure you advance the text slowly to avoid a freeze that happens when you hit A too quickly before a puzzle.

Super.Nova likes this.
  9. Kei00

Kei00 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Here is my advice: ONLY save at corridors and warehouses, never inside a puzzle room. And, like Pedestrian said, do not skip text too quickly before a puzzle.

Super.Nova likes this.
  10. elunesgrace
    OP

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Yes I read that, though some people were mentioning they were still getting crashes =S.

Of course I can. But why do something bare-bones if you can find a way to do it perfectly? Not only would it help me, but it would help anyone in the future too by showing them how to bypass the issue!

So not to click to fast and not save in puzzle rooms. Got it!

11. jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2013
    United States

it's not only in 1 room, there's lots of bugs