Hacking Zelda Skyward Sword update

VFB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I have a 4.3U Nintendo Wii which I hacked via LetterBomb in order to play Fatal Frame IV with english subtitles. I installed the Homebrew Channel and Riivolution and everything worked fine.

Now I got myself a retail copy of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but when I try to play it I get the following messages:

"In order to use this software, you must perform a Wii system update. Please note that this update will add new channels to the Wii Menu."

"IMPORTANT: If your Wii console includes unauthorized modifications, this update may detect and remove unauthorized content causing immediate of delayed inoperability of your console. Failure to accept this update may also render this and future games unplayable."

I don't care if the update removes the Homebrew Channel and Riivolution, but I'm worried about the possibility of bricking my Wii. I tought that 4.3U was the last version, yet it is the first time I try to play a game which requires the Wii MotionPlus.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this is not the correct area for this kind of thread.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 4.3U is the latest. Are you using priiloader? You can block disc updates with that. Either way, I'd recommend updating your cIOS files, whichever you use (Hermes or Wan), but I think d2x are most common these days.

Also, CFG Loader, and others, block disc updates. Have you tried loading the game through that versus just the Wii menu?

Last edited by OrGoN3,
Reactions: VFB

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
It's a small update that is safe to do. I just updated mine 3 days ago that was already on 4.3, as I accidently installed old cios's, so I reflashed a nand backup and redone the WiFi connection and I saw the update prompt, but still went ahead with it.

It won't brick and everything still works as before.

Reactions: VFB

VFB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, guys.

I think I'll just accept the disc update to avoid the trouble of installing more homebrews :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021