Zelda Majora's Mask remake?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by milkman12345, Nov 28, 2013.

1. milkman12345

milkman12345 Newbie

So at New York Comic Com Eiji Aonuma said "If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may get an answer. You might find some information." in regards to a Majora's Mask remake. I've seen the Majora's Mask stuck up on a wall in one of the trailers. What I'm asking is, is that the ONLY reference to MM or is there hint of a remake at another point in Zelda: A Link Between Worlds?

Please no spoilers :)

2. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    I guess there is something when you finish the game

3. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Welcome to the forums, man. Please read the rules if you haven't already and you should enjoy your time here.

And, it's Comic Con. And why would there have to be more than one reference? They're just something that... happen... who knows how they got there... I don't wanna spoil the game; you could just play it and see if you can find another reference... or at least something you think is a reference. Then you confer that with these people on here.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    there's no mention of a majoras mask remake so the mask on on links wall so what?

5. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I didn't see nothing after beating the game, normal nor hero mode.

6. Magnus87

Magnus87 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    Argentina
    3DS Remake NO

WiiU Remake YES

Why?

Because Majoras Mask always was behind Ocarina of time :( .When it released for N64 nobody cares about it. It was called OOT 1.5

I like 3DS but this game need to be on another console with other engine (Nintendo can use Zelda Engine from E3)

7. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    If it's any indication, there's a diary in the vacant house in Lorule (Hero mode only I believe) that further references MM in some way according to people who have read it. At this point I don't think it could even be considered teasing us anymore. They are most likely just trolling us now :( .

8. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Never before has a Zelda game announced or teased another upcoming Zelda game. They often do contain Easter eggs though.

What makes Majora's Mask remake more likely is not whats in Link Between World, but what became before LBW, when Miyamoto was stuck on deciding if he wanted to do a Majora remake, a LttP remake, or a sequel to LttP. Before ALttp sequel was even officially announced, it was already rumored/teased that it might happen during an interview.

If Aonuma said something like "If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may get an answer. You might find some information." well then that points even more towards a MM remake because its like, why the hell would he ever say that in the 1st place. Its pretty much saying "The answer is in the game" and as far as I know, the game doesn't say no, so the answer is anywhere from neutral to yes, especially considering they've been interested in the remake for years.

Now here's a fun little something to entertain your brain bags...
    They are interested to do a MM remake, a LttP remake, and a LttP sequel. Right? Well MM is pretty much a OoT sequel... And LBW is the sequel to LttP, and now they have an Engine for a 3D Zelda and a 2D one that mimics SNES and N64 Zelda games, right? AND OoT3D had an extra Master Quest Mode, which was basically almost 2 games in one cart... and the Original Majora's Mask didn't have a master quest...
    What if... WHAT IF... They make a Majora's Mask remake, and instead of making a MM Master Quest, they instead include a LttP remake, so that this 2-n-1 game could compliment the other two Zelda games on 3DS?

Either that or they actually come up with an original idea, I'd be happy with a remake or an original game on 3DS

9. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Theres also that Keaton Mask in that hidden cave in Lorule.

Keaton and Majora mask in both Majora's Mask and Link Between Worlds?! Half-life 3 confirmed.

10. JohnnyBlaze1986

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Banned
    Aug 10, 2009
    United States
    Your mother's bedroom
    So, there's nothing at all after the game? I heard there was supposed to be a surprise or something after beating both modes.

11. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    I came by a lot of subtle references to Majora's Mask, but no absolute confirmation. It does seem to leave the impression that a remake may on the horizon.

Don't get your hopes up though.

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    that has nothing to do with MM the diary is ravio planning to journey to hyrule

there isn't after you beat hero mode the ending is different and a lot shorter that is all.

13. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Ever so slightly different ending, but nothing dealing with Majora Mask.

14. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Don't forget Hoenn.

Ammako likes this.
  15. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    zelda's MM is the best zelda time limit game ever!! i liked it better then OOT!! also i did not like OOT ending...

16. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    The main thing I hate about the OOT ending is how it started all this "split timeline" nonsense.

17. nexuspunk

nexuspunk the mysterious one.

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    I'm back now let me see here, i have played albw a while now and i have noticed a few things. for one mm is inside links house, the keton mask as well which is a nice nod to the mm game. now the diary, while it does speak of ravio heading to hyrule look at the 3 days left first. believe it or not the count down is yet another nod to mm because during the game, we all know that you only have 3 days to save the town. i will post more, as i find them. just because you haven't found them, doesn't mean their not there happy hunting everyone.