Zelda ALTTP animated series

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The evil ganondorf has trapped me and the other maidens in crystals.
Well excuuuuuuse me princess!
Seriously though, I don't really think something like this needs funding from the kickstarter program.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh c'mon...

Kickstarts for everything nowadays. It's just pointless, i do hope if they get the money to do it that nintendo drops them a C&D.

I just hate that everything now is showing up on that god damn platform.

If they call themselfs "Aeipathy Industries" then DO something about your name, dont just go asking for fricking donations for your FIRST actual work.

/rant off
Vic Mignogna has done load of voice acting. Pokémon, Naruto, Dragonball, Bleach, loads of videogames. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0586003/)
He's gonna do nagato's voice in naruto unltimate ninja storm 3 :D

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh c'mon...

Kickstarts for everything nowadays. It's just pointless, i do hope if they get the money to do it that nintendo drops them a C&D.

I just hate that everything now is showing up on that god damn platform.

If they call themselfs "Aeipathy Industries" then DO something about your name, dont just go asking for fricking donations for your FIRST actual work.

/rant off

From I understand of the video they have made some appreciated work before this. I totally agree with you, the point of kickstarter has changed as of late and everyone is looking for donations now. But I support this more than I would support the cheetahmen II kickstarter.

Vic Mignogna has done load of voice acting. Pokémon, Naruto, Dragonball, Bleach, loads of videogames. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0586003/)

Righttttttt and a kickstarter company is gonna pay him for something that is mostly illegal, unless Nintendo allows them do it.

My point still stands.

If not let me start a kickstarter saying i'm going to make the next Starfox/Metroid/Whatever and the main character is gonna be voiced by Will Smith/George Clooney/Random super star.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
eh, animation isn't great and neither is the voice acting. Pretty obvious why it won't meet the target. If they really want to tarnish such a great game, they can do it on their own time with their own money.

edit: also red shield right at the start? Link doesn't get that until he throws it in the great fairy pond.

edit 2: also kingvamp take a fucking break already, every other post in this thread seems to belong to you.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
eh, animation isn't great and neither is the voice acting. Pretty obvious why it won't meet the target. If they really want to tarnish such a great game, they can do it on their own time with their own money.

edit: also red shield right at the start? Link doesn't get that until he throws it in the great fairy pond.

edit 2: also kingvamp take a fucking break already, every other post in this thread seems to belong to you.
You may not realize this, but the point of this project is to make a motion comic of the official Manga adaptations of the games. They're not going to be completely accurate to the games, because the manga themselves aren't completely accurate to the games. Also, people are forgetting that it's been called a "motion comic" and not "an anime" for a reason.

As for poor voice acting. Well, I guess that's just a matter of preference. They've hired professional actors from various well-known animes, etc, so it's not like they're just using hacks they picked up off the street.

Also, on most of the articles and forums I've seen this project posted about, the vast MAJORAty (see? that was punny!) of commenters really liked the idea. So i think it's less of "people hate it" and more of "not enough people know about it/are donating to it."

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I guess animation was the wrong word. The ART is poor, and the voice acting sucks.
Also, the art is imitated straight from the manga.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk or invalidate your qualms with it. I'm really not. I'm just pointing out that, except for the voice acting, all the issues you mentioned are issues you have with the source material (the manga), and not caused by any poor work on the part of the Zelda Motion team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played