Hacking Ysmenu Advantages...

biggman15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can organize things better...

But the only other thing I can think of is Homebrew... There are a few programs that just won't run for me on the regular DSTT software...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The only advantages that I can think of is the ability to add shortcuts, so simple a kid can use it, easier/quicker to navigate through files (DSTT's menu lags when there are a lot of files to scroll through, though I've only tried a DSTT once so it may have just been the DSTT I was using), and of course the best advantage, its a homebrew firmware that alternate firmwares can use to load nds files, Dsision/Dsision2/Dsision3, ysmenu+moonshell2 combo, etc.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
YSMENU can:

>> Dump GBA roms to slot-2 (GBAExploader like... and supports wide known slot-2 carts)
>> Backup Save Games
>> Can delete files
>> Higher Compatibility on most games
>> Autoboot NDS game'
>> Ability to backup SRAM saves on slot2

.. thats all i know.. maybe theres more

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dnniwa485 said:
YSMENU can:

>> Dump GBA roms to slot-2 (GBAExploader like... and supports wide known slot-2 carts)
>> Backup Save Games
>> Can delete files
>> Higher Compatibility on most games
>> Autoboot NDS game'
>> Ability to backup SRAM saves on slot2

.. thats all i know.. maybe theres more
count that only for R4,DSTT fimrware and YSMenu firmware is the same

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use an app like Drivesort to get your games in order on official DSTT firmware. It organizes things based on the date they were written to the card; Drivesort will change the dates so that everything is in alphabetical order. Of course, you have to run it every time you add a ROM, but it's whatever. I don't get why people tout that as a 'feature' of YSMenu, the two firmwares just handle things differently, and it can be subverted.

That said, I do use YSMenu, and it's a better option if you have an EZ-Flash 3-in-1. You can click on GBA games to run them from SRAM within YSMenu, also if you set the emulators up right you can have a folder of NES ROMs, GBC ROMs, etc, and they'll just run when you click on them. I also like the interface better.

But there's not much difference between it and official firmware (well, unofficial official firmware, you should be using at least a07 or a12 or whatever they're on now). After all, it's built using the official firmware.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
OBJ3KTION said:
What kind of shortcuts are you guys talking about? O_O
I'd like to know this too, I remember you could add one shortcut to the START menu, but nothing else.

Seems like nobody wants to tell us their secrets.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
I'd like to know this too, I remember you could add one shortcut to the START menu, but nothing else.

Actually, you can add more than one if you follow the naming in the ini file.
I found this on the nice little wiki about ysmenu some very long time ago.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=YSMenu

QUOTE(OBJ3KTION @ Feb 19 2010, 07:51 PM) Seems like nobody wants to tell us their secrets.
xD I didn't look in this thread until just now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: