Hacking YS menu problem! "r4dldi.dat error"

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything right for this, but I get this when I tried to load a game. I have an r4dldi.dat error apparently in my _system_ folder, my TTMenu folder, and in the root of my sd card! >_<

Also, when I update with the ysmenu generator, it says "dldi head not found"

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
From what it sounds like, I think you might have just compiled ysmenu using only the latest stuff from yasu, which apparently had some problem with making the r4dldi.dat file which wasn't present in the earlier versions. In any case, just replace your r4dldi.dat (it will be a 0kb file in the TTMenu/YSMenu folder) with this one and it should work out fine unless you are not using an R4 xD.

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll try it asap!

I just noticed that the r4dldi in my ttmenu is the same kb as the one you gave me. I'm also using r4 sdhc ._.

So I thought, maybe my R4 Revolution (sdhc) is an acecard clone? So I tried the acecard style of doing it.
This time, it didn't say "dldi head not found" but instead said "dldi.dat error" when I tried to load a game. Holy shit, this thing won't die. :wtf:

Okay, i've tried downgrading the firmware because i heard that works. Still same old shit. It's a fucking zombie. ;_;

BUT I realized that since all my files are perfect, it MUST be my Miniysmenu generator! MUST BE!!!! Do you know where I could get an updated ysmenu generator?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PyroSpark said:
Okay, i've tried downgrading the firmware because i heard that works. Still same old shit. It's a fucking zombie. ;_;

BUT I realized that since all my files are perfect, it MUST be my Miniysmenu generator! MUST BE!!!! Do you know where I could get an updated ysmenu generator?
Well there are only two really decent ones for R4s (if you count mine as decent then add one, but I'm pretty sure my thing is buggy as hell for anything that isn't an original R4) which would be R4YSAuto or a2h's generator. I looked at the firmware from r4sdhc's website (hell if its the right one) and I saw that it was that crappy ysmenu repacked one (R4_PANDORA). If I remember correctly, make sure any and all forms of that R4_PANDORA is wiped off of your microSD because that doesn't tango well with the original ysmenu. If your original firmware never had R4_PANDORA, then it might very well be my dam generator (maybe I'll check one of these days...when I get a working DS).

In the event that your original firmware did have R4_PANDORA, delete everything except the _DS_MENU.DAT, and the ebook and themes folders in the _system_ folder (I think that will take care of all things pandora) and then try whatever generator you want (the other two are stickied I believe, so its a snap to find those)

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
pyrospark, u do triple post a lot dont you?
wacko.gif

havent u heard of EDIT and QUOTE?

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
PyroSpark said:

Well there are only two really decent ones for R4s (if you count mine as decent then add one, but I'm pretty sure my thing is buggy as hell for anything that isn't an original R4) which would be R4YSAuto or a2h's generator. I looked at the firmware from r4sdhc's website (hell if its the right one) and I saw that it was that crappy ysmenu repacked one (R4_PANDORA). If I remember correctly, make sure any and all forms of that R4_PANDORA is wiped off of your microSD because that doesn't tango well with the original ysmenu. If your original firmware never had R4_PANDORA, then it might very well be my dam generator (maybe I'll check one of these days...when I get a working DS).

In the event that your original firmware did have R4_PANDORA, delete everything except the _DS_MENU.DAT, and the ebook and themes folders in the _system_ folder (I think that will take care of all things pandora) and then try whatever generator you want (the other two are stickied I believe, so its a snap to find those)

My fimrware DID have Pandora with it! I'll try doing what you said!

Sorry for triple posting. I'll control that better. >.>

EDIT: Didn't work, even with the things deleted, so it must be the generator. Thank you, at least now I finally know.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PyroSpark said:
My fimrware DID have Pandora with it! I'll try doing what you said!
Sorry for triple posting. I'll control that better. >.>
EDIT: Didn't work, even with the things deleted, so it must be the generator. Thank you, at least now I finally know.
I finally decided to start searching the threads because I remembered hearing about this problem earlier (which was why I had those ideas in the first place).
Here's the thread and you could try talking to goncalodoom (normally I would never recommend anyone to someone who does something against the forum rules, but seeing as he says he has gotten it to work, I'll shove myself).

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that but that's when it didn't work too, and I couldn't find a 32 firmware for the life of me. seems like the last one for that r4 (and mine) was 26. Current is like 34 I think.

But so far...I use r4 config.bat and it didn't give me a ysmenu.nds. Which is my only problem on THAT. Then when I took out a ysmenu.nds on my own by outright extracting it, it didn't work aat all.

Then I tried r4.bat and it asked for the old ysmenu.zip which is bad because I need it to read the NEW ysmenu.zip for the new games like yugioh 2010. ._.

I found firmware 32. I'll try that with a different method of obtaining ysmenu though.

EDIT: This time I did it with 32 and still nothing. Omg, i'll guess I'll ask him what he used.

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i managed to get it working, but I still can't play yugioh. wtf? I thought it updated. What on earth....

EDIT: HOLY HELL HOLY HELL WARIOWARE DIY WORKED IT WORKED IT MEANS THAT IT WORKS AND I'M JUST A DUMBASS FOR NOT GETTING YUGIOH TO WORK!! YES!! YES!!! YEEEEEES!!! HELLLLL YEEEESSSZZZ THANK YOU JURASSIC THANK YOU PRINCE THANK YOU EVERYONE I LOVE YOU AAAAAAALLL!!!!

i CAN HANDLE THE WOOOOORLLLLD!!!!!!

xXZeroXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP PLZ!! My Problem is related too r4dlidi.dat but its says "Open r4dldi.dat error" then i try downloading the r4dlidi.dat at mediafire but its says "r4dldi.error" I try downgrading my kernel into v1.32 and deleted all file that related to R4_Pandora but It Always says "r4dldi.error", Mine is R4SDHC (Srry for bad english I'm a Filipino)

Alaude

Trophies
XP
Country
India
these problems can be easily avoided by simply following the instructions from one of the many topics in the forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol