YouTube Reveune Sharing?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have three YouTube videos that are eligible for YouTube revenue sharing, but only one that I think could actually be applicable.

First video is just a recording of The Price is Right, so that is out of the question.

The next is my Pokemon spoof video, which has all sorts of copyrighted names and music in it, so it is also out of the question.

But my last video is a video of me removing an Xbox 360 warranty sticker... Can I enable this one for revenue sharing? Or am I infringing on some copyright here?

Thanks!

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're infringing, go ahead and enable it.

Do you get in trouble if you enable sharing and the video gets disabled for copyright reasons? Isn't that YouTube's bad for inviting that video to the program? (Also, why are you asking here and not on... YouTube?)

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Er... YouTube is a message board, only the first post of a topic is always a video.
What he means by that is YouTube doesn't have a message board for asking this kind of question.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I also have a video that I was offered revenue sharing for, but it's a video with footage from a game trailer, and sound from somewhere else. I declined, because I don't want to be sued or anything that could come from that.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Salax said:
What he means by that is YouTube doesn't have a message board for asking this kind of question.
Oh. Well, can't science just contact support?
=Science_Clipart_004.gif

yes but he chose to ask here instead

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
how do i enable the revenue thing ?
it not that simple

QUOTETo become a YouTube Partner, you must meet these minimum requirements:

* You create original videos suitable for online streaming.
* You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload—no exceptions.
* You regularly upload videos that are viewed by thousands of YouTube users, or you publish popular or commercially successful videos in other ways (such as DVDs sold online).

my biggest video views is 7,500 and is only a month old
2nd one is 6,800 but is 9 months old

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, the largest amount of views a vid from me ever got is ~200.

Then again, it is the only vid I ever made and I chose to make it a private vid. All views come from GBAtemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw