Youtube easy on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JinTrigger, Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 13, 2010

Youtube easy on Wii by JinTrigger at 7:12 PM (2,004 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    So I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist BrotherHood on my mom's PS3 using the internet channel. Regular youtube works fine (not that XL crap) and I'm loving it. Well my parents are separated and I have to switch houses from time to time. unfortunately the PS3 can't leave my moms house and I don't have a laptop anymore, so just a few minutes ago I check to see if the regular youtube would work on the Wii's internet channel....it does but I wanted to know if there was an easier way to watch youtube on Wii and yes its soft modded.

2. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If I'm not mistaken, mplayerce can play youtube vids. Don't know how well it works though, or even if it's still supported.

3. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Well scratch what I said earlier......the regular youtube doesn't really work on Wii.....ARRAGH!!! I really want to finish FMA this week

4. jerrios

Newcomer jerrios Member

United States
    Does MiiTube still work? Ever since I got my PS3, I haven't used the wii for internet browsing at all because of its Flash issues.

5. wii knee

Member wii knee GBAtemp Regular

United States

Did you try MPlayerCE? If it's HD it may not work for the same reason that it can't play .mkv files that are HD. The Wii doesn't have the capacity.

Anyone else able to contribute or comment on this?

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
  7. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    tell your mom to quit being a sour cunt and let you take the ps3 to your dad's house. She doesnt have to take the divorce out on you.

8. wii knee

Member wii knee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's all good.

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    damn, i'm curious what he said! was it about me? I can take a joke!

10. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no. Was simply stating, not so poetically, that the OP should have a conversation with his mother about reconsidering the possibility of taking his PS3 with him to his father's home.

11. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Of course I would/have ask my mom if I could do that, but it's HER PS3 that she paid with her money after they (my parents) seperated. So unlike the Wii, the PS3 is her console and not the family's.

12. Ultralex

Member Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You can click the watch in new window button,that way the videos will play in the regular Youtube.

13. Kerdex

Newcomer Kerdex Member

United States
    Dude! Get the latest MPlayer-CE! If you have the Homebrew Browser you could just download it from there.. It's called "MPlayerCE Christmas Edition" but has nothing to do with christmas, lol.

You can setup youtube playlists easily, but is COMES with the FMA: Brotherhood playlist from FUNimation!

I don't know why noone here knew that already, lol. That's the reason I started watching it in the first place, though lol.

Just opem MPlayer-CE, go to Open->Online Media->YouTube->Playlists->And you should see Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood right there! Along with Some stuff about Billy Mays and WiiBrew.. But yeah I hope I helped! And I think it's a little sad that noone else really could... Lmao jk, don't ban me I love these forums. :3

14. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I can watch you tube videos with my wii's internet browser.