Yo!!!!!!!!!!! (New to the

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My name is Rory and I just found the site last night. I've spent the last couple of days researching the slot-1 carts in some sort of attempt at really differentiating the ones available. A friend of mine first clued me in on the R4 roughly 3 or so months ago, he religiously plays anything and everything Advance Wars. I didn't have a DS at the time but the idea of being able to play a ton of roms from various systems had me pumped and I immediately began searching for a DS lite. As I'm sure most of you know they were damn near impossible to find and still for the most part are...anyway my gf's little bro has a fat one and a lite and he just gave me the fat. I'll still pick up a lite so I can give him back his back up but for now I'm rolling with his old blue fat one.

I ordered a 2gb Sandisk and after a bunch of research primarily from this site and one or two others decided to go with the cycloDS evolution for my slot-1 rather than the R4. Hell I didn't even realize there were different slot-1 carts besides the R4 until a few days ago lol.

Anyway i ordered the CycloDS evo from Realhotstuff.com and it should be here in a couple days. I just hope it doesn't beat the SD card to my apartment.
biggrin.gif

I'm also a Kent State University Senior in the midst of starting a business with a friend. If the business pans out I'll likely be doing it for a while. If it doesn't it's off to grad school back in Pittsburgh. (Born and raised in Pa)

Oh and "HERE WE GO STEELERS!, HERE WE GO!"

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
Nice intro Rory! Welcome to the site.
grog.gif

Just out of curiosity, what type of business are you planning to start?

Thanks.

As far as the business is concerned it's web based and geared towards college students and will likely help incoming freshman and current freshman the most but we'll see. It's not off the ground and it's a solid idea so I don't want to discuss it in detail because it's something someone could attempt to do our their own. We contracted a web design company and are incorporated. We're waiting on the Co. expense credit cards etc. The website should be fully operational the middle of the month.

BoneMonkey: I haven't received the CycloDSevo in the mail yet so I'm not doing any gaming really. However I have picked up "New Super Mario Bros" and "Contra 4" and I'm the type that likes to have hard copies of certain games. I still routinely buy CD's something not a lot of people still do lol. The Cyclo will be to back up my current DS library.
ninja.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaBurgh said:
Szyslak said:
Nice intro Rory! Welcome to the site.
grog.gif

Just out of curiosity, what type of business are you planning to start?

Thanks.

As far as the business is concerned it's web based and geared towards college students and will likely help incoming freshman and current freshman the most but we'll see. It's not off the ground and it's a solid idea so I don't want to discuss it in detail because it's something someone could attempt to do our their own. We contracted a web design company and are incorporated. We're waiting on the Co. expense credit cards etc. The website should be fully operational the middle of the month.
Totally understandable. Good luck with getting the business off the ground, and have fun with the CycloDS.
yaynds.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rory.. there was a kid called rory at my highschool, he used to kill birds and once- a pet rat.
I think he was four years younger than me, but that didn't stop him from trying to act tough.
One time he threw his drink at me in burger king and ran outside, I chased after him, he was trying to get on his bike and I punched him in the throat.

I think it's safe to say, that rory will never meet anyone who won't quickly learn how annoying he is.

welcome.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Hey there Rory, welcome to the S.S. GBAtemp; your first task will be to swab the Captain's personal bathroom. I'm just joshin' ya' fella'. Welcome aboard!
happy.gif
Funny thing is that Ace Punman doesnt have a sense of humor and isnt joshin ya
rolleyes.gif

Fortunately for you, Rory, this is what the bathroom looks like
DSC_0016.JPG

Welcome and dont forget to get the spaces inbetween.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhhh to be called a noob again, such fond memories. lol......it's been a while since someone called me that......

Thank you for the welcome parade, I'm looking forward to becoming more active on the board and finally using my CycloDS. I'm still waiting on my Micro SD which likely won't arrive until Monday. It wouldn't be so bad if Real Hott Stuff didn't personally contract a Kenyan marathon runner on a pair of roller blades to deliver my package, that shiz got here fast.

And as far as needing anything I may need some help trying to figure out how to switch out my DS case. I already have one person on board if i run into a road block so hopefully that will get me by..I don't want to jack anything up internally. Knock on wood. I'm still waiting on that case to arrive in the mail as well..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later