Yo!!!!!!!!!!! (New to the

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DaBurgh, Mar 6, 2008.

Mar 6, 2008

Yo!!!!!!!!!!! (New to the by DaBurgh at 6:23 PM (1,202 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. DaBurgh
    OP

Newcomer DaBurgh Member

United States
    My name is Rory and I just found the site last night. I've spent the last couple of days researching the slot-1 carts in some sort of attempt at really differentiating the ones available. A friend of mine first clued me in on the R4 roughly 3 or so months ago, he religiously plays anything and everything Advance Wars. I didn't have a DS at the time but the idea of being able to play a ton of roms from various systems had me pumped and I immediately began searching for a DS lite. As I'm sure most of you know they were damn near impossible to find and still for the most part are...anyway my gf's little bro has a fat one and a lite and he just gave me the fat. I'll still pick up a lite so I can give him back his back up but for now I'm rolling with his old blue fat one.

I ordered a 2gb Sandisk and after a bunch of research primarily from this site and one or two others decided to go with the cycloDS evolution for my slot-1 rather than the R4. Hell I didn't even realize there were different slot-1 carts besides the R4 until a few days ago lol.

Anyway i ordered the CycloDS evo from Realhotstuff.com and it should be here in a couple days. I just hope it doesn't beat the SD card to my apartment. [​IMG]

I'm also a Kent State University Senior in the midst of starting a business with a friend. If the business pans out I'll likely be doing it for a while. If it doesn't it's off to grad school back in Pittsburgh. (Born and raised in Pa)

Oh and "HERE WE GO STEELERS!, HERE WE GO!"

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Woah, let me stop you right there.

Your name is Rory?

3. Austinz

Member Austinz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I really cant get past the name, this topic must be closed

4. DaBurgh
    OP

Newcomer DaBurgh Member

United States
    Why is that so shocking? but Yes my name is Rory. [​IMG]

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Why hello, and welcome to our forums [​IMG]

hope you like it here Rory!

6. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    if you like the games your playing buy them ok

7. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Hey there Rory, welcome to the S.S. GBAtemp; your first task will be to swab the Captain's personal bathroom. I'm just joshin' ya' fella'. Welcome aboard! [​IMG]

8. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Nice intro Rory! Welcome to the site. [​IMG]

Just out of curiosity, what type of business are you planning to start?

9. DaBurgh
    OP

Newcomer DaBurgh Member

United States

Thanks.

As far as the business is concerned it's web based and geared towards college students and will likely help incoming freshman and current freshman the most but we'll see. It's not off the ground and it's a solid idea so I don't want to discuss it in detail because it's something someone could attempt to do our their own. We contracted a web design company and are incorporated. We're waiting on the Co. expense credit cards etc. The website should be fully operational the middle of the month.

BoneMonkey: I haven't received the CycloDSevo in the mail yet so I'm not doing any gaming really. However I have picked up "New Super Mario Bros" and "Contra 4" and I'm the type that likes to have hard copies of certain games. I still routinely buy CD's something not a lot of people still do lol. The Cyclo will be to back up my current DS library. [​IMG]

10. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Also, you've made a nice choice choosing a Cyclo instead of a R4.

11. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Totally understandable. Good luck with getting the business off the ground, and have fun with the CycloDS. [​IMG]

12. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Rory.. there was a kid called rory at my highschool, he used to kill birds and once- a pet rat.
    I think he was four years younger than me, but that didn't stop him from trying to act tough.
    One time he threw his drink at me in burger king and ran outside, I chased after him, he was trying to get on his bike and I punched him in the throat.

I think it's safe to say, that rory will never meet anyone who won't quickly learn how annoying he is.

welcome.

13. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    Welcome in glory wonderfull Rory

(that ryhme sucks) [​IMG]

14. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Funny thing is that Ace Punman doesnt have a sense of humor and isnt joshin ya [​IMG]
    Fortunately for you, Rory, this is what the bathroom looks like
    [​IMG]

Welcome and dont forget to get the spaces inbetween.

15. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    sup noob, if you need something - let me know [​IMG]

16. DaBurgh
    OP

Newcomer DaBurgh Member

United States
    Ohhhhh to be called a noob again, such fond memories. lol......it's been a while since someone called me that......

Thank you for the welcome parade, I'm looking forward to becoming more active on the board and finally using my CycloDS. I'm still waiting on my Micro SD which likely won't arrive until Monday. It wouldn't be so bad if Real Hott Stuff didn't personally contract a Kenyan marathon runner on a pair of roller blades to deliver my package, that shiz got here fast.

And as far as needing anything I may need some help trying to figure out how to switch out my DS case. I already have one person on board if i run into a road block so hopefully that will get me by..I don't want to jack anything up internally. Knock on wood. I'm still waiting on that case to arrive in the mail as well..