Yet Another BlueDump MOD (YABDM).

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkMatterCore, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
  2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    exactly how do i dump my ioses

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    by reading the text on screen and follow the instructions?

depends if you want clean or patched dumped IOS.
    if you want them clean, answer no to patching questions (ticket/cert/tmd, etc.).
    patching dumped channel's ticket will let you reinstall the dumped wad to another console. if you don't patch the ticket/tmd/cert it'll only reinstall on that console (if you don't format it).

scooby74029 likes this.
  4. GigaMan

GigaMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    So, I'm trying to dump all of my stuff from the Wii U's Wii mode and move it back to my Wii (I had done a system transfer a long time ago), and I'm looking at my "Disc Savedata," and it doesn't seem to detect my Mario Kart Wii save data. Instead, it reads as "Channel/Title deleted from Wii Menu? (couldn't get info)". All of that in quotations is what it says. I tried booting up the Mario Kart Wii disc. Game works fine. All my save data is there. It's still unidentified. I download the Mario Kart Channel. Both the game and the channel show up with the same message (and this is me checking YABDM with the disc still in the console). I rebooted the Wii U, and it's still the same. I'm out of ideas. Any help, please?
    I noticed that Mario Kart Wii is listed under "Games that use Channels (Channel+Save)." Is it the same as the games under "Disc Savedata"?

Last edited by GigaMan, May 21, 2019
  5. DarkMatterCore
    OP

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

pip Developer
    May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela
    Hi there. Thanks for reporting this.

Quite frankly, I'd need to further inspect the data from your console in order to determine why the title info isn't being retrieved properly. Some pictures from the filebrowser could be useful as well (press A on that entry).

Leaving the disc inserted in the console means nothing. Even though Mario Kart Wii is a disc-based title, it really belongs to a different category because it offers the option to install a channel.

6. GigaMan

GigaMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    I sent you a PM of the pictures. Also, would saving a WAD of MKWii under "Games that use Channels" be the same as saving a WAD under "Disc Savedata"? Or, would that not work?

DarkMatterCore likes this.
  7. DarkMatterCore
    OP

pip Developer
    May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Thanks. I'll take a look at them.

WADs can't be generated for titles under the Disc Savedata category, only savegame dumps.

8. GigaMan

GigaMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Right, I misspoke because I was in a hurry. I meant save data. So, save data for MKWii under the "games that use channels" directory would be the same as games under "disc savedata"?

Also, when dumping all my other files, how do I make sure they can work on my Wii console? Such as save data that can't normally be moved/copied, my downloaded games, and Mii Channel data etc.

Last edited by GigaMan, May 21, 2019
  9. DarkMatterCore
    OP

pip Developer
    May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Yes, it's the same. It falls into that different category because the game disc is able to install a channel. There are other disc-based games that also fall into this category as well.

Protected savedata restored using homebrew applications should always work. You could only end up having trouble with stuff related to the old Wi-Fi Connection service. But hey, you can always get a new Friend Code if you use additional services like Wiimmfi.

You can install your dumped Wii Shop games to your other Wii console using a WAD Manager. Just make sure you enable the "fakesign ticket" option in your Wii U while creating the WAD dumps.

Mii Channel data can be transferred using a WiiMote, that's all. I believe there are also homebrew applications to accomplish this, but I can't remember their names at this moment.

10. GigaMan

GigaMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Thank you so much! One last question that's on my mind. Is there a way to transfer Wii Shop Channel data to my other console? Obviously, I can't buy any new games, but in the event that I may need to redownload something, I'd like to have that option. Perhaps I can just keep up with the dumped WADs and all should be well? I have some game demos saved to my Wii Shop account that I might want to revisit, but I can also redownload those now and back them up. Still, I would just like to cover all my options.

11. DarkMatterCore
    OP

pip Developer
    May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

The transfer process involves Internet access because the changes are also registered on Nintendo's servers. Even if you manage to transfer back that data, the mere fact that it isn't tied anymore to that console (serverside) will make it unusable anyway.

Your best option really is keeping the shop account on your Wii U, dumping the titles you own and installing them to your old Wii using a WAD Manager.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore, May 21, 2019
  12. GigaMan

GigaMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    OK. Thank you again for your help, and for this mod!

DarkMatterCore likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted