War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, it's so much better than I had expected! I'm playing BioShock right now and loving it. Now I gotta change my sig and add my gamertag :]

Gamertag: xFrionel

Feel free to add me! And I'd appreciate it if you guys could point out some cool games for me. So far I got:

Gears 2
BioShock
The Orange Box
Soul Calibur IV
L4D

and I'm getting COD4 as I'm writing this.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, Halo 3 is way overrated, You'll like COD4 much more Im sure.

I'd say pick up Assassin's Creed if you haven't played it, other than that you got some amazing games there

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I love Bioshock, it's been one of my favourite games. I love the atmosphere it has, it captures the old b-movie feel perfectly and the graphics are perfect. I'm also really enjoying :

- Dead Rising : Zombie killing adventure! You're trapped in a mall with zombies and you have to take photographs, rescue people and complete different missions, all against a clock. Seriously fun game. Doesn't look as nice as alot of the other 360 games but really fun, and great if you love zombie movies!

- Stranglehold : Incredible third-person shooter. Lots of great graphical effects, really manic action and a HK cinema style story. If you've ever seen a Hong Kong Bullet Ballet movie this is exactly the same. It's a direct sequel to the John Woo movie Hard Boiled.

- Saints Row : GTA style game but alot more fun. There's alot more to do from the beginning and there's a wider range of activities then in GTA but not as much depth. Saints Row 2 is out but I've not played it.

- The Darkness : Really good FPS with great graphics and story. Sometimes it feels a little sluggish cos you're returning to the same areas to do different missions but it's a really good game. Amazing opening sequence.

- Sega Rally : Incredibly fun rally game, not as much depth as Dirt but kicks its ass gameplay wise.

- Project Gotham Racing 3 : Old but fun racer. The same as the PGR games on the original Xbox but with alot more levels and much nicer graphics. Insanely long loading times though.

- Mirrors Edge : Only played the demo but looked like a great game.

- Tomb Raider Underworld : I usually hate the Tomb Raider games but I played the XBL demo and loved it.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave!

I got two questions:
-I checked my HDD, and it sad I had some games in it... they included Geometry Wars and SFIIHDR... are these just demos, or entire games? o-o Because I didn't pay for anything.
-When using DVDMulleter, how do you check if your iso is stealthed?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave!

I got two questions:
-I checked my HDD, and it sad I had some games in it... they included Geometry Wars and SFIIHDR... are these just demos, or entire games? o-o Because I didn't pay for anything.
-When using DVDMulleter, how do you check if your iso is stealthed?

All the XBL games that were already installed on mine were trials apart from Hexic so yours probably are, give them a quick test before removing them though just in case!

Can't help you with the stealthed thing sorry, I haven't flashed my drive. I'm tempted but mine has frozen up a couple of times playing GTA and NFS:Carbon so just in case it's a sign of early death (which I've been told it is) I won't so I can just ship it back to MS. GTA runs fine from the HDD though, no freezes or glitches at all. I'd recommend installing the ones you play for hours at a time to the drive, my machine stays really cool when I do and it fixed the freezing problem in GTA and NFS:C. Plus the DVDs tend to get a little warm in the 360 after extended use and when run from HDD they come out nice and cool.

Which model did you get, do you know? Easiest way to check is the power supply, is it 203W, 175W or 150W.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, I might consider installing to drive just because Im TERRIFIED of getting RROD'd. I have my 360 on the cool wooden floor, away from walls, so it's pretty ventilated. However, I did notice that its kinda loud when playing games. I don''t wanna stress it too much *caresses 360*

My model is the old 20Gb Pro, I believe. They don't make them anymore.

Quick question... I'm downloading the Mirror's Edge demo right now, can I still play games and whatnot while it downloads? I think maybe that's just too good to be true xD

I'm also trying to hook up my iPod right now, seeing if that works...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play games while they're downloading, as long as you're not playing like a multiplayer match, then the download pauses until you get out

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Yeah, I might consider installing to drive just because Im TERRIFIED of getting RROD'd. I have my 360 on the cool wooden floor, away from walls, so it's pretty ventilated. However, I did notice that its kinda loud when playing games. I don''t wanna stress it too much *caresses 360*

My model is the old 20Gb Pro, I believe. They don't make them anymore.

Quick question... I'm downloading the Mirror's Edge demo right now, can I still play games and whatnot while it downloads? I think maybe that's just too good to be true xD

I'm also trying to hook up my iPod right now, seeing if that works...

Yeah putting it on the floor is the best place for it. I had mine on a shelf when I first got it and it was getting pretty warm, as soon as I moved it to floor it cut the heat down by quite alot. I think that might be the cause of it starting to freeze after a few days. Every other game worked fine on the shelf but I think even though only the 2 games froze I still caused some kind of damage and that's whay I got the freezing on those two games.

If you can I'd try and get a 60gb drive. I bought the Arcade version and then a HDD a week later, you get a 3 months gold subscription with the 60gb drive as well. I've got like 7 or 8 games on the HDD and still have plenty of room for demos and videos. Are you running it on a SD or HDTV? I've read on some 360 forums that there's less chance of RROD on a SDTV because it's not really pushing the GPU as much, don't know how true that is but it sounds logical.

For the downloading stuff in the background it's just as Linki said. It's a pretty nice feature.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am Salamantis (yeah stupid name) on XBL, you can add me if ya want
smile.gif

About the background downloading, there's an option to also download when the 360 is off, which I find good for longer downloads.

Hope you enjoy the 360, well I know you will, since it's a great console
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, the 360 never ceases to amaze me. I think that's so awesome that you can just go about doing your business while it downloads.

I'm gonna go to EBGames soon and probably buy some Microsoft points along with a cooling system. I took a peek at the Arcade and it looks like theres some really cool games and add-ons.

What's the Windows Media Center thing? Because my computer recognized the 360 and then asked me to install the media center, but said there was an error and I had to uninstall and the install media center again... not sure what that's about. Does that let you stream music to the 360 or something? On that note, is it possible to stream video to the 360? Like downloading movies on your compy and watching them on the 360? That would be really cool!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
I've read on some 360 forums that there's less chance of RROD on a SDTV because it's not really pushing the GPU as much, don't know how true that is but it sounds logical.

Not true , gpu does the same amount of work either way , game is done at whatever it's native res is and then scaler chip upscales or downscales the res to whatever output you've picked.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Wow, the 360 never ceases to amaze me. I think that's so awesome that you can just go about doing your business while it downloads.

I'm gonna go to EBGames soon and probably buy some Microsoft points along with a cooling system. I took a peek at the Arcade and it looks like theres some really cool games and add-ons.

What's the Windows Media Center thing? Because my computer recognized the 360 and then asked me to install the media center, but said there was an error and I had to uninstall and the install media center again... not sure what that's about. Does that let you stream music to the 360 or something? On that note, is it possible to stream video to the 360? Like downloading movies on your compy and watching them on the 360? That would be really cool!
If your computer comes with Media Center you can set it up with the 360 and it will stream video/music/pics. You can also do that with WMP but I never got it to work.
Yeah it's possible to stream with you set it up with WMP/Media Center.

Link: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/...iacenterpc.aspx (lol at super long links)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:

Install TVersity onto your PC, it's what I'm using to stream movies to the Xbox. It's really simple to set up and allows you to share your folders with your 360. The 360 only recognizes avi and wmv natively but TVersity encodes on the fly so you can play most formats. My machine isn't very powerful and it still streams stuff really well, although 720p stuff looks horrible but I think that's just down to my machine not being able to encode it fast enough.

Armadillo said:
QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Dec 23 2008, 02:08 AM) I've read on some 360 forums that there's less chance of RROD on a SDTV because it's not really pushing the GPU as much, don't know how true that is but it sounds logical.

Not true , gpu does the same amount of work either way , game is done at whatever it's native res is and then scaler chip upscales or downscales the res to whatever output you've picked.

Nice one for the info. I've been running everything at 1080p until I read the forums and dropped down to 720p, I'll raise the res again now!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks, I'm gonna look into the Media Center stuff.
EDIT: Can it only be done wirelessly? Cause I don't have all those wireless adapters

Just wondering... if I put some .avis in a flash drive and stick it in the 360, will it be able to play them?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Thanks, I'm gonna look into the Media Center stuff.
EDIT: Can it only be done wirelessly? Cause I don't have all those wireless adapters

Just wondering... if I put some .avis in a flash drive and stick it in the 360, will it be able to play them?
Depends. You'll need an Optional Download you need to get off of Live for the most part, but there are some like anime in their new HD format that the 360 won't know how to play.

EDIT: Heh. I was wondering who that was sending me the friend request during Street Fighter. Neato.
tongue.gif
We have to play L4D at some time.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, sorry, I've been playing too much Dissidia lately and that was the first thing that came to mind! (War was obviously taken) I need to add one of those snazzy gamertags in my sig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F