Yeah, some few things about Wood R4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Inunah, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    1. Soma Bringer's translation patch changes the icon and name.. To something like a black DS icon and the name "DS Program File". How do I change it back to the original name/icon? I believe it was correct when I looked at it on YSmenu, so it must be a Wood R4 thing.

2. NES DS and Lameboy are all the way at the bottom of the list of stuff I've got, which is sorted alphabetically (odd, because the last game in the list is WarioWare Touched and not some game starting with L). Is that how it's supposed to be, or are they supposed to be in alphabetical order with the rest of the list?

3. What do I want to do if I want to change GBA game icons and names? I want to change some games to have icons related to whatever game it is instead of the GBA icon, and change it so the names aren't stuff like "Golden Sun.gba" and more like what DS games have, such as "Jam with the Band" On one line and "Nintendo" on the next.

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Not sure about the first 2 problems, but you won't be able to add icons to the GBA games as it doesn't have a section in the header that holds the icon info. It's a really bare header compared to the DS rom headers.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    For the sorting issue, it may be down to the case. It believe it doesn't sort ny AaBbCc, but by AZaz.

4. Inunah
    OP

United States
    There aren't any hacks I could do to fix it?

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    My mistake then, I might of been thinking about the directories. I know there was someone complaining about it with AKAIO hence I assumed the same with R4.

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    AFAIK, GBA games don't support icons or multi-line info.

7. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Damn. Not even if I use a header hack or something? Come on, not even a way to make it list just the name of the game without the file extension? It does that no matter what I've set the filenames to show as. I set it to show names with extensions, it'd say 'blahblahblah.gba'. I set it to show names without extensions, it shows 'blahblahblah.gba'. I set it to show full names, it shows 'blahblahblah.gba'.