Hacking YASU brightness issues

kitetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just as the title says, I'm in a bit of a pickle with brightness. I know the DSTT's newest kernel does R4's brightness selection using the same button, but when i changed it to YASU, i somehow ended up stuck with the brightness that i usually set it in. Anybody got any idea on how to rectify this?

Rhuarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also trying to figure out how to change the brightness in the YASU Menu. I really like it, but not being able to change the brightness down from the highest setting is a bummer. Drains my battery much quicker than I would like!

Anyone have an easy way to change the brightness in the YASU Menu?
Thanks!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have copies of the TTMENU.DAT files that come with both the original TTMenu and YSMenu renamed to TTMenu.nds and YSMenu.nds respectively. You can then run one from the other without rebooting, so if you want to change the brightness you can just boot up TTMenu.

-Bri

Rhuarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have copies of the TTMENU.DAT files that come with both the original TTMenu and YSMenu renamed to TTMenu.nds and YSMenu.nds respectively.  You can then run one from the other without rebooting, so if you want to change the brightness you can just boot up TTMenu.

-Bri

I'll have to give this a try, thanks!

Any idea, once the brightness is changed does it then stick when you reload the YSMenu, or do you hav eto launch the games from the official TTMenu? I suppose it is too much to wish for that the brightness change sticks after a reset!
tongue.gif

EDIT: Ok, I jsut tested it out, and it seems that the changes do stick between soft resets, but not after a shutdown. One interesting thing is that once I set the brightness in the official TTMENU that it sticks. So once I have it set to low, then the next tiem I turn on the DS all I have to do is click the TTMENU_official.nds, it loads at the brightness I had specified before, then I can right away click TTMENU_ys.nds, and it loads back into the YSMENU at that lower brightness.

Just to be sure, doing this isn't putting both the menus into the memory is it?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll answer your last question first: no, only one program can be in memory at once on the DS, so doing this isn't putting both into memory.

On mine, the brightness change in TTMenu stays after both soft and hard reset. I didn't think YSMenu affected or changed the screen brightness at all, but I usually boot up in TTMenu (TTMENU.DAT is the original) and then go into YSMenu from there, so that might have something to do with why it's working for me.

-Bri

Rhuarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok, that would make sense. Everytime you reset (hard or soft) it is laoding the saved brightness settings.

LoL, I wish I could combine those two menu systems! I like things from both of them!

Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.