QazzaQY2K

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObSQ8t2VkpY[/youtube]

You have not heard of the XStylus yet? Don’t worry, it has been a product in development just trying to make the move into production.
On first glance the XStylus is an ordinary stylus, but you can flip one half of it and lock it into the other part to extend the stylus in length and diameter (demonstrated in the above video).
That way you get more grip as its shape becomes more similar to a pen.

As said before, GreenBulb (the company behind this product) wants to mass-produce the stylus, but needs your help as it’s expensive to just start the production (creating the moulds for example).

If you happen to have some spare money or own a Nintendo DS and are unhappy with its stylus, support the project on Kickstarter.com:
Kickstarter Project page
If you spend 20 dollars or more you will get a pair of XStyly for your Nintendo DS if the project is fully funded.

Being an engineer myself I can say that it’s the dream of many engineers to have that one simple, yet ingenious idea and to have it made into an actual product.
So please help to make it happen, for Elton and for the joy of engineers out there. (End of advertisement)
wink.gif

Kickstarter project page
Official product page

Q&A
1. What happens to the raised money if the project is not fully funded?
* You will get your money back when the project is not fully funded. Your credit card will only be charged when the full 10k are raised (that is the whole principle behind Kickstarter).
2. Is there going to be styluses for other devices?
* Yes If the first batch of NDS Lite pens are funded, we would very much like to help Open Pandora Team with the Pandora stylus too.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
20 dollar's a little expensive for a plastic pen, though I really like the design but only because it's ergonomic. I agree with you below it looks pretty ugly.
It seems to be a lot sturdier than the telescope ones.
I like to have longer styluses, the original DS stylus was a lot harder to use compared to the lite one... and it gives me hand cramp after 30 minutes or so.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No offence, but it looks like something you'd pick up in a dollar store, and would break after some regular use.
And for DS Lite? Too little, too late. The 3DS is out in a month and that has an extending stylus.

I'll just stick with my PDA Panache stylus, sure it isn't extended but it's weighted, gripped design works great in my hand.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You know what? Make this for the 3DS (also package it with 3DS launch units or atleast ask Nintendo to do so) and we are all happy.

D

Deleted_171835

It's a nice stylus but not something I would purchase for $20.
I do admire the design of it, though. Nintendo should have included this with the DS Lite/Phat instead of the regular stylus. The creators of this should notify Kotaku, GoNintendo and other gaming sites about this if they want a chance at reaching their $10,000 goal.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Having telescopic styli around since a long time ago, I doubt this will even touch success.

And he talks about it as if it was an epic technologic advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked