xkey and xbox live?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by LegendAssassin, Dec 17, 2011.

Dec 17, 2011

xkey and xbox live? by LegendAssassin at 1:29 PM (1,883 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. LegendAssassin
    OP

Newcomer LegendAssassin Member

United States
    I wanted to know if I play the games offline and then actually buy the games I want to play online would I be able to without getting banned?

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    There's always a chance of getting banned if you mod your Xbox 360. Playing backups only offline doesn't help at all, and I even doubt that the pass-through mode of the xkey is 100% safe. So, learn to live with the risk, I guess.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    There...shouldn't be a problem as long as you use the legit game to play and not the pirated copy. But as Blue-K says, it's not 100% protected.

4. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Best bet is to have a virgin 360 for live, and get a second hand one for the xkey malarkey. I don't know if it's just the reading of the disc that causes the ban flags or maybe a save file or similar so best not to take the chance. Okay, so your dodgy games don't add to your gamerscore this way, but who *really* cares about that anyway ?