Xenoblade Chronicles freezing in Configurable USB loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Chaobreaker, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Chaobreaker
    OP

Chaobreaker Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2008
    Canada
    So I loaded Xenoblade Chronicles on my NTSC Wii from a external hard drive. For some reason at the cutscene during the time the Mechons invaded colony 9 and Shulk and co have to get the artillery to clear out some rubble but are ambushed by mechons the game freezes in a moment during that cutscene. I can recreate this problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. What should I do? P.S. I'm using waninkoko's CIOS rev21 by default.

2. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    could be a bad rip
    try ripping it again or verify with wiims wit first

you could also try a newer cios (d2x) but I don't think that's the problem

3. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, I have the exact same problem, maybe it's the rip I download, my Wii lens doesn't read dual layered games so I couldn't backup it.

4. wyattz

wyattz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2012
    United States
    This is a known issue. As far as I know the only reliable fix is playing the game as an ISO from an NTFS partition, while others have success in ways that definitely do not work for some.

Make a partition on your HDD, format it NTFS. I like Paragon Partition Manager myself, EASEUS Partition Master also works.
    Make a folder on the partition called "wbfs" (without quotes of course).
    Make a folder in wbfs called Xenoblade Chronicles [SX4P01]". Put the ISO in that folder, rename it "SX4P01".

I got this fix from this post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice