GCN XENO GC error message please help!!!

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I got a couple of xeno chips the other day, and I installed one of them on my DOL-101 and got a red then orange light. According to the wiki, that means it's either version 2 or a clone. Anyway, I installed it and put in a japanese version of super mario sunshine. It worked, I started the game, but when the first cut scene of the game reaches the part where the plane crashes, the game gives me an error with yellow text and black background. I can't read it because it's in japanese. Then I made backups. The first one was the gameboy player boot disk. The gamecube didn't recognize it at all! I read online that I should adjust the pot, but shouldn't go below 150, so I did. It was only at 150 that the gameboy player disk worked. Then I made another backup, of wind waker. I put it in the gamecube, run it, and a few seconds into showing the red nintendo logo the game gave me what I think is the same error mario sunshine gave me, but in english. here's a picture I took of the error. I think the only reason why the gameboy player disk worked is because it only spins for a little bit on boot up and the stops.

WHAT SHOULD I DOO :cry: !!!!!!!!
Please Halp.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I tried holding x while booting wind waker today. IT WORKED!!! kinda. It only works 30% of the time. from what I understand, holding x forces the game into NTSC mode. I don't understand how that made a difference seeing how the game was already NTSC. Can someone explain this to me? super mario sunshine still isn't working though

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I tried holding x while booting wind waker today. IT WORKED!!! kinda. It only works 30% of the time. from what I understand, holding x forces the game into NTSC mode. I don't understand how that made a difference seeing how the game was already NTSC. Can someone explain this to me? super mario sunshine still isn't working though

why are you trying to play the Japanese version of Sunshine?
why not play the English release as it is in English of all things.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because it's the only japanese gamecube game I have, so I'm assuming every japanese game will work the same if I used it on this specific console

to get to load games without errors, I thought I should get an SD gecko. I got an SD card to gamecube memory card adapter today in the mail (it says wiiSD on it) and I tried my 2GB sandisk micro sd card on it. Swiss can see the SD card and show the contents of it. I tried 3 games on it and none of them work! I tried megaman anniversary collection (this one loads but with only a part of the loading screen visible and freezes after a second or 2), gameboy player startup disk (this one displays an error saying "failed to find necessary functions for patching" and then it loads but only shows a black screen), and finally I tried smash bros melee (this one doesn't show the error but also loads only to a black screen).

what do you think the problem is? is it the SD card? what is the best brand/size of SD card to use with swiss?

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested a couple of games on the SD adapter, and only 2 seem to work so far. those 2 are mega man x collection and DBZ budokai 2. Both of these games have no info in the patch options in the swiss compatibility page, and swiss mentions that both games are in 4 fragments. How do I get the other games mentioned in the list to work?

PLEASE ANSWER MEE!!! :cry:

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
ok, so I got a couple of xeno chips the other day, and I installed one of them on my DOL-101 and got a red then orange light. According to the wiki, that means it's either version 2 or a clone. Anyway, I installed it and put in a japanese version of super mario sunshine. It worked, I started the game, but when the first cut scene of the game reaches the part where the plane crashes, the game gives me an error with yellow text and black background. I can't read it because it's in japanese. Then I made backups. The first one was the gameboy player boot disk. The gamecube didn't recognize it at all! I read online that I should adjust the pot, but shouldn't go below 150, so I did. It was only at 150 that the gameboy player disk worked. Then I made another backup, of wind waker. I put it in the gamecube, run it, and a few seconds into showing the red nintendo logo the game gave me what I think is the same error mario sunshine gave me, but in english. here's a picture I took of the error. I think the only reason why the gameboy player disk worked is because it only spins for a little bit on boot up and the stops.

WHAT SHOULD I DOO :cry: !!!!!!!!
Please Halp.

You have DRE (Disc Read Errors) errors caused by a poor laser calibration and crap media. Pot tweaks, using better media like Verbatims and burn at lower speeds i.e 2x will help the problem. The GC laser is one of the most problematic out of all consoles released in the past 15 years.

Every one is different and you need to experiment until you find the sweet spot, as what works for one will not work for another.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have DRE (Disc Read Errors) errors caused by a poor laser calibration and crap media. Pot tweaks, using better media like Verbatims and burn at lower speeds i.e 2x will help the problem. The GC laser is one of the most problematic out of all consoles released in the past 15 years.

Every one is different and you need to experiment until you find the sweet spot, as what works for one will not work for another.

I appreciate the reply, but I kinda fixed that first issue a little while ago. I guess I didn't update that information... my bad DX

but I still don't know how to fix my new problems with the SD card adapter (or SDgecko I think it's called). As I said, only 2 games work on it so far, and those games have the mentioned things in common. I also tried NES and SNES emulators and they both work perfectly fine (except for the famicom disk system games, the sound is kinda choppy in them). Hope that's enough information for you guys :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended