Xecuter Issue on an old Xbox

JoeSchmoe4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a similar issue, kind of why I'm here. Picked up my first modded xbox with an x3. I'll be upfront and honest I haven't investigated too much as it happened last night but sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

So basically I was messing around with another softmodded xbox and a 2tb drive. It was locked to that softmodded xbox and I borked something with the file system or something where games and/or recovery disk wouldn't boot. I have the original 8gb which is locked and loading DVD was fine with that so something tied to the new drive. Took it out, played with it realizing it was still locked (later). When I was still messing with it though one of the things I tried and thought of was hey lets throw it in my x3 xbox to see if I can unlock it. Got error 5 like you are and couldn't get past it.

That really surprised me. Like I said just got this x3 xbox, so really still learning it and what I can do. My impression though was that the bios should reside on the chip and I should be able to boot to that. I can boot to FlashBios but options are limited.

**So while writing I'm looking at the x3 docs and think I found one of my issues, via the website bustedchain.

Looks like holding the white button on boot can get you to the bios. I'll try that when I get home. That being said, wondering if you can get to config live if you can use the HDD tools there to look at or play with the drive. I'd take that new drive and try to configure it as a new drive in the HDD tools.

If the drive is locked, which mine was, I'v read its pretty much a paper weight unless you have the HDD Key. Mine was zeroed so I wasn't too worried. I figured but might be wrong.... that I had two options. Xboxhdm23usb to do the work, the pain point there is finding an adapter that plays well and doing that setup. Or second maybe because I had the original locked HDD with a nulled HDD key, take my 2tb drive to the xbox which I cloned from, run chimp and unlock the master, so I could then reformat the drive and either reclone or try to fresh setup with xboxhdm23usb. Unlocking the master had me a little nervous even though my original HDD which was locked, nulled and softmodded was 10 feet from the xbox with the 2tb drive. Reading JRocky5 saying never, never, never unlock your master made me really not want to go that route. A thing in the back of my mind I would probably try first was to rehotswap in chimp and setting up the 2tb as the slave like when I cloned and unlocking the slave rather than going the master route.

Sorry its long winded but if you are fitting any of the scenarios I am, figured it wouldn't hurt to post to see if it could get you somewhere. Maybe you've tried most of this or are beyond the point of where I am, if so apologies!

Last edited by JoeSchmoe4,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans