Xbox One hitting 28 Countries this Month

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Sep 3, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]
    Lets face it, the Console wars are in a dead heat at the moment. By Dead heat, I mean the competition is flopping on the floor and the PS4 is blazing along on a firey domination war path of ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION.​
    *ahem*​
    In any case, Microsoft has been struggling these past few months. While still managing to sell at least 5 million comsoles before having its platform out for one year, the company has been riddled with losses in finance due to Xbox One marketing, and being thrashed by its biggest competition. Most critics believe this is due to the fact Microsoft has only spread its wings slightly over its market share of countries, with the Xbox Platform currently existing in only 13 countries. But rest assured, if you've been waiting for your Xbone *canned laughter* it may be hitting your country next.​

What we have hear folks, is a strategy game hitting the middle ground. While the Xbox Brand has basically no footing in Japan, Microsoft has been attempting to hit home its intention to drive japanese sales with promises of popular Anime TV servicing, and various Japanese games based on popular shows coming out of the woodwork, including exclusives for Japan only.​
    Not to mention Microsoft will be the First Video Game platform to be striking China, a country that has held a steady ban on game consoles for 14 years, and only lifted just recently.​
    So what is your opinion folks. Will we see some stirring in the water of the console wars? Could Xbox securing China be a major strategic advantage we never saw coming? Find out next time, On CONSOLE WARS Z.​

Foxi4, Chary and Sicklyboy like this.

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    well this news post is rather biased.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...you forgot to add your source link. I guess it's this one from joystiq.

And with all the puns, it would be nice if you actually included the launch dates. Here they are:

9/2: Chile and Colombia

9/4: Japan

9/5: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates

9/15: Israel

9/23: Hong Kong, India, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan

9/23: China

9/26: Russia

For gamers in Argentina, we'll have more to share on our launch plans shortly.

While it's certainly an impressive list, I doubt it'll impact sales much. I've already seen plenty of stores that have been selling these consoles for months, which isn't much of a surprise as importing from France or Germany is easy. And with kinect not understanding Dutch (yet?), I sort of wonder who the hell is actually looking forward to the official release date...

4. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Not sure how well it'll do in any other region on that list, but I wanna see how it does in China.

5. Willemoke

Willemoke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    They postponed the release in the Netherlands by a year, because of localization problems... Guess what, they still haven´t localized it completely, but are releasing it anyway. I wonder what the real deal with the postponing was....

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Wait, it STILL wasn't released here? I could've sworn it was by now... oh well.

7. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    The Xbox One has been on sale for quite a while in Finland, I could go buy it from the stores even now (example). Not sure how much the official launch will change the situation, but we'll see :)

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    For those who want to watch the Japanese launch ahead of time...

[​IMG]

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Advertising, promotions, stuff like that? Might renew interest a bit.

10. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    This covers any launch in these countries.

11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Sure, but Finland is abysmal in all promotions compared to pretty much every other country in Europe. The PS4 launched at 449e and has stayed relatively close to that price even now. Advertising is still going at 50/50 or even more towards the PS4, which is surprising. But it's a tough market with consoles being early available from other countries for lower prices even after shipping :P

Mario92 likes this.
  12. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    here in Chile the Xboned has been selling from the initial launch on November 22 last year, most retailers just imported from USA to sell it and most people who is interested on online create USA accounts anyways, so I don't think this will generate a surge of sales over here, but maybe will be enough to rebuild interest.

13. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Welp, thanks hyperlink for making me look silly. As for the launch dates, did you uh... did you happen to look at the quote at all? Where it says where it launches on every day you posted in spetember before you posted that I "missed" the dates in september?
    Skimming things leads to silliness too :teach:

14. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012

Going by Micro$ previous blunders and arrogance (look at this poster in Rare's HQ omg we own Donkey Kong/ we have something for for those who're not ready for future it's called a 360 / Europe is a country)... I bet they were thinking
    "That launch will be so overwhelmingly successful that we won't be able to cover worldwide demand!
    Let's delay one year the launch in all of those insignificant countries not called USA
    I bet they'll buy it anyways with English commands like it's the second coming of the messiah
    Especially Chinese folks who never saw/bought any game console in their life ever until the Xbone!!*
    Who needs Japanese junk? Japanese devs will develop games for it anyways even though they won't have any way to sell the games they develop in Japan yet"

* That bit about China is hilarious. China saw all consoles since the NES released officially, and while famiclones were the most popular other consoles were selling just fine (Earthbound/Mother 2 for example had its own Chinese guidebook).
    Even Sony had Playstation games specifically geared towards Chinese as late as 2000.
    When the embargo came, that didn't even stop people from importing the consoles (the importers have big stands for said imported "illegal" consoles they don't even bother to hide!), or the game devs themselves from localizing the games to Chinese as part of "Asian releases", including PS2, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita stuff, first and third party. Nintendo even found a work-around and outright released officially the Nintendo 64 (iQue), GBA (iQue Advance), DS (iQue DS) and 3DS (iQue 3DS) with first party and even third party support (Namco Bandai mainly).

So, you think Chinese folks will be gazing with awe at the Xbone and saying "ooooooh a real console omg I must buy this marvel whose library appeals so much to my market"?

osaka35 likes this.
  15. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Xbox One is launching tomorrow in Japan? It completely slipped by me.

16. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Just enough to know that Belgium wasn't listed. Sorry about that. :shy:

17. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
  18. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Relevant, yet not surprising. China is big on censorship. The odds of them ever saying "yes, just localize games for us as you please with no major restrictions" are slim to none at absolute best. Though, looking at that list of restrictions, what could actually be localized there? I feel like at least one aspect of every game could be worked under one of those censorship rules.

chavosaur likes this.
  19. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    That's the thing. The rules are so broad that your game will only make it through if they decide it's okay. If they don't like it, for whatever reason, they will pretty much always be able to fit it under one of those rules. This could even end in games being forced to include Chinese propaganda if they want to be able to even sell them. (although I personally don't think it'll be THAT bad)

20. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    nope 5 sept