Xbox one hardware issue

Recycledgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got in a Xbox one model 1540 console would not power on So I ran a series of tests and visual examination of Mobo all seem to be good reassembled console and started disconnecting hardware starting with hard drive etc. and tried powering on the unit no power still🤔 until I got to the Wifi card left it disconnected tried powering on the console bam unit booted up running fine no issues so far but when i reconnect the Wifi card unit will not power on so is this a fluke or does the console have a fell safe if something such as a faulty piece of hardware shorts or does not work correctly?I do not repair many Xbox one consoles just wondering about it before I order or find a donor replacement thanks 👍

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually they lose internet slowly over time, getting slower and slower, or all at once, but I've never heard of them going bad and stopping the old Xbox One from booting completely. Tough call but I'd try order new wifi card, they only $25-30, so worth a try to me. Maybe also pull off the card, and check the connector under wifi card, make sure they not shorting out somewhere, but you prob already did that being a tech. Good luck tho, wish I could help more.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Recycledgamer

Recycledgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved as I stated in my first post the Xbox would not power on with the Wifi/Bluetooth card installed in the unit turns out the card evidently did have a short or something wrong because I acquired a donor console and harvested the card from that unit replaced the card console now will power on and works perfectly so anyone having power issues this could be the problem if all other possibilities check out to be good which was my case đź‘Ť

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative