Xbox & Bethesda present a Developer Direct

Xbox presented today a quite unique direct, in which the developers themselves talk about the games they are working on for either Xbox, PC or Game Pass. The quite-lengthy 44 minutes direct goes over many of the technical and artistry aspects of the many games that the teams have been working on to present their games into the world.

The presented games go as follows:
  • Minecraft Legends, an action-strategy game based on the Minecraft IP, presented by Executive Producer, Dennis Ries. Coming April 18th, 2023.
  • Forza Motorsport, the newest entry in the Forza franchise with over 800 cars, and 800 features to customize them, presented by creative director, Chris Esaki. They showing their incredible realism in terms of using a spectophotometer for light sources, life-like reflections and gloss, and even simulatig dirt accumulation in the car's chassis. Coming in 2023.
  • Hi-Fi Rush, an interesting rhythm-action game with a cartoony/cel-shaded stylish artstyle, in the vein of something similar to Bayonetta or Red Steel, but with the twist that the better the player flows with the music, the better the effect of abilities and attacks get, presented by none other than Shinji Mikami of Resident Evil and The Evil Within fame as the studio head of Tango Gameworks, and director John Johannes. Available right after the Direct, January 25th, 2023.
  • The Elder Scrolls Online gets a brand new cinematic teaser, with a new chapter called "Necrom" with a new class called Arcanist, presented by Matt Firor, head of Zenimax Studios. Coming June 5th, 2023 for PC and June 20th, 2023 for Xbox.
  • Redfall gets a brand new trailer. A vampire-slaying FPS that can be played single player or co-op, with 4 heroes to choose from, each with unique abilities, presented by director Harvey Smith and creative director Ricardo Bare. Coming May 2nd, 2023.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of Hi-Fi Rush, looks fun.
Considering they revealed it and released it in the same day, nobody had heard of it. Love these types of surprise drops though, exponentially better than having a two-year marketing cycle ahead of a game's release.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering they revealed it and released it in the same day, nobody had heard of it. Love these types of surprise drops though, exponentially better than having a two-year marketing cycle ahead of a game's release.
100% this
Too many times that games get announced way ahead of it's released. Then delay and another delay then upset people.

Doesn't need to be revealed and released same day, but I'd be willing to bet people would be much happier if it was revealed a month or two ahead of release instead of constant delays

This would also basically get rid of delay announcements other than some huge circumstance

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised Nintendo didn't trademark 'Direct' for their digital presentations. Perhaps the word is too common to trademark. Either way, glad to see Microsoft embrace a more recognizable term for their presentations than whatever they had been using previously that was a forgettable mouthful.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the news about elder scrolls 6. Fucx the stupid ass online piece of shit, give us new god damn games. I can play es online 10 damn years ago. While i am ranting where the hell is nintendos ip's at. No new mario zelda or anything that made nintendo great.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Where is the news about elder scrolls 6. Fucx the stupid ass online piece of shit, give us new god damn games. I can play es online 10 damn years ago. While i am ranting where the hell is nintendos ip's at. No new mario zelda or anything that made nintendo great.
As budgets and player expectations rise, game development cycles inevitably get longer. None of the big three release more than a couple AAA games a year now, that's just how it is. Plenty of AA and indie games to play in the meantime.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, Redfall is £69.99 on the Xbox store.

£70 (seventy as in 7 tenners)
And the deluxe edition is £99.99!!!

What the fuck!? We are hitting N64 cartridge level prices for games now.

Easy fix, pirate the shiz or just don't play them until they go on sale, because screw them and price hikes.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy fix, pirate the shiz or just don't play them until they go on sale, because screw them and price hikes.
I always say this to myself when a new title comes out that I want, I'll just wait till it goes on sale. Then 1 week later, I cave and go buy it anyways,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over